Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
These Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and tart. The buttery, crumbly shortbread cookie pairs perfectly with the tart cranberries and semi sweet dark chocolate chips. The addition of almond extract and the subtle sweetness of the cranberries will make these cookies irresistible! Enjoy them with a glass of Sauvignon wine for a delicious treat!
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe!
– 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and extracts until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add the flour to the butter mixture, beating until well combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and the dried cranberries until evenly distributed.
5. Form 1-inch balls of the dough and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Pair this recipe with a fruity white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, which will be the perfect balance of both sweet and tart with the shortbread cookies.
The History of Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Dark chocolate cranberry shortbread cookies have been around for many centuries. It is said to originate in the 17th century in Scotland. Shortbread as a dessert has a long history and was a popular treat. In the beginning, it was a much simpler form of a cookie; just butter and flour, but with the passing centuries the recipe has evolved to the delightful treat it is today.
Popularity of Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
These cookies have become a staple of many family recipes, popular among both adults and children alike. The combination of the tart cranberries and sweet dark chocolate is one that appeals to many. The recipe is easy to make and there are some really great recipes online for anybody who wants to give them a try.
Interesting Facts about Dark Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
One interesting fact about this recipe is that it contains both gluten-free and vegan ingredients. These cookies can be enjoyed by those with allergies or those who choose to not eat animal products. This makes them a great choice when entertaining a wide variety of guests.
Another interesting fact is that the shortbread cookie dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to five days. The dark chocolate and cranberries can be added just prior to baking, allowing the dough to be prepped in advance and baked when ready.