If you’re looking for a classic yet delicious burger that is sure to please, this Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun is the perfect choice! The combination of ground beef, BBQ sauce, goat cheese, crispy fried onions, and pistachios creates a flavor that is out of this world. The addition of pancetta and pickles adds a nice salty and tangy note, while the arugula adds a welcome crunch and freshness. Enjoy this burger with a cold beer or glass of red wine for the perfect summer meal!
Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on Brioche Bun Recipe!
– 1 brioche bun
– 1/2 lb ground beef
– 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
– 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
– 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
– 1/4 cup crispy fried onions
– 2 slices pancetta
– Small handful of arugula
– 3-4 pickle slices
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
Crispy Fried Onions:
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp paprika
– Salt and pepper
– 1 onion, thinly sliced
– Sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
1. Prepare the BBQ sauce by whisking together all the ingredients in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper for the crispy fried onions. Coat the thinly sliced onions in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
3. In a large skillet, heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium-high heat. Fry the onions in batches until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, then divide it into two patties. Grill the patties for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with BBQ sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
5. While the patties cook, fry the pancetta in a separate pan over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Slice the brioche bun in half and lightly toast in the oven or on the grill for a minute or two.
7. Assemble the burger by spreading the goat cheese on the bottom bun, then adding the arugula, burger patty, pancetta, pickles, crispy fried onions, and chopped pistachios.
8. Close the burger with the top bun, serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce on the side if desired.
9. Enjoy with a cold beer, such as a pale ale, or a glass of red wine, such as Malbec.
The Perfect BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal for summer barbecues and gatherings, look no further than this Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun. Combining the classic flavors of a cheeseburger with the savory taste of BBQ sauce, this burger is sure to be a hit with everyone. This recipe is simple to prepare, and can even be adjusted for gluten free, vegan, or vegetarian options.
Why People Love the Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun
People love this Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun because it packs a lot of flavor into a simple dish. The combination of BBQ sauce, goat cheese crumbles, crispy fried onions, and pickles adds a delicious depth of flavor to the burger, while the brioche bun adds a light, buttery flavor that pairs perfectly with the savory filling. The arugula adds a slightly bitter flavor and crunch, while the pancetta and pistachios add a delicious smoky flavor and texture to the burger.
Gluten-Free Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun
For those who want to make a gluten-free version of this Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun, simply replace the brioche bun with a gluten-free alternative. This could be a gluten-free hamburger bun, or even a lettuce wrap for a low carb option. Additionally, it is important to make sure that all of the other ingredients, such as the BBQ sauce, are also gluten-free. If you’re using store-bought BBQ sauce, check the label to make sure it is gluten-free.
Vegan Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun
For a vegan version of this Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun, replace the ground beef with vegan-friendly crumbles, such as Beyond Meat crumbles. Replace the goat cheese with a vegan-friendly substitute, such as vegan cashew cheese. Replace the pancetta with vegan bacon, or omit it entirely. Use vegan-friendly BBQ sauce and fried onions. Top with your favorite vegan-friendly condiments, such as vegan mayo and vegan ketchup.
The Grilled BBQ Cheeseburger on a Brioche Bun is a delicious and easy to make meal that is sure to be a hit with all your guests. This burger can be easily adjusted to be gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian, making it a great option for any gathering. From the BBQ sauce to the light and buttery brioche bun, this burger is a classic combination of flavors that will surely become a summer favorite.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Killer Kaisers: Spaghetti & Sauce Sandwiches or this delicious “Grilled Fire Roasted Bourbon Peach and Brie Sandwich on Sourdough Bread”. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!