This buttery and creamy Bucatini with Creme Fraiche and Morels is a taste of heaven! The dish is full of subtle earthy and umami flavours that complement each other and make it an impressive yet simple pasta dish. Plus, the crème fraiche adds a luxurious creaminess that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Serve with a full-bodied Chardonnay from Burgundy to truly elevate the dish!
Bucatini with Morels & Creme Fraiche!:
– 75g fresh egg bucatini pasta
– 45g cremini morels
– 2-3 Tbs crème fraiche
– a knob of butter
– 2 Tbs of olive oil
– a pinch of sea salt
– freshly cracked black pepper
1. Make your fresh pasta. To do this, sift the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the middle with your hand. Pour in the eggs and a pinch of salt. With a pair of forks, slowly start to blend the eggs and flour gently, slowly incorporating more of the flour into the egg mix until all the flour is incorporated.
2. Once the dough comes together, knead it for a few minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with plastic film and set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl and roll out as thin as you can using a pasta machine and cut it into thin strands.
4. Heat a large pan with the olive oil and butter on medium to high heat. Add the morels to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook them for 3-5 minutes until they have softened.
5. Add the crème fraiche and stir together. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the crème fraiche has thickened slightly.
6. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the fresh bucatini. Cook until al dente, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Drain the bucatini, reserving one cup of the cooking liquid. Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the morel sauce and mix together.
8. Add a little of the cooking liquid to the pan until the sauce has reached the desired consistency.
9. Serve with extra cracked black pepper and parmesan, if desired.
Pair with a Full-Bodied Chardonnay from Burgundy!
Bucatini with Morels & Creme Fraiche
This Bucatini with Creme Fraiche and Morels is a delicious fusing of earthy and creamy flavors. This classic recipe is sure to draw in guests with its impressive yet simple preparation. With the combination of subtle umami flavor of the morels, and sweet, luxurious creme fraiche, this recipe is destined to be a crowd pleaser!
Why Are People Drawn To This Recipe?
People are drawn to this recipe for its unique fusion of flavors. The umami of the mushrooms is delicately balanced with the delicate sweetness of the creme fraiche. Together, they create a buttery, creamy sauce that is sure to both indulge and impress. In addition, serving the Bucatini with a full-bodied Chardonnay from Burgundy adds adds an extra level to the experience, elevating the dish to the next level.
Adjustments To Make This Recipe Gluten Free
This Bucatini with Creme Fraiche and Morels can be easily adjusted to be gluten free. Simply swap the traditional bucatini for gluten free pasta and use gluten free flour for roux which is commonly used as a thickening agent for the sauce. Additionally, be sure to look for mushrooms labeled as gluten free, as some varieties may contain gluten-containing ingredients.
Adjustments To Make This Recipe Vegan
For individuals who are vegan, adjustments can be made to ensure this Bucatini with Creme Fraiche and Morels is suitable for their diet. First, use vegan pasta in place of the traditional bucatini. Next, swap the creme fraiche for vegan sour cream or a vegan heavy cream such as coconut or almond. Finally, use a vegan butter to replace the butter in the recipe. With these few simple swaps, vegans are able to enjoy this rich, creamy buttery dish.
This Bucatini with Creme Fraiche and Morels is a flavor packed dish that offers something for every palate. Whether you a looking to make adjustments to suit dietary restrictions, or looking to elevate the dish with a full-bodied Chardonnay from Burgundy, this recipe offers plenty of possibilities. With its unique fusion of flavors, this dish is bound to please any crowd!