Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale
This Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale is the perfect combination of savory and flavorful. With the olive oil as the base and the combination of parsnips, carrots, kale and ground pork, this dish is almost as beautiful to look at as it is to eat. With this dish simmering away, your house will be filled with the aromas of delicious garlic and oregano. Serve with grated Parmesan and a crisp white Vermentino for the perfect Italian meal. Delicious!
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale!:
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 large parsnip, coarsely chopped
– 1 large carrot coarsely chopped
-2 cups chopped kale
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 750 grams of ground pork
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 1 (14oz) can of diced tomatoes
– 350 g Cavatelli pasta
– Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the parsnip and carrot, and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the kale and garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the oregano, pork, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook until the pork is cooked through and no pink remains.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook Cavatelli in salted boiling water according to package instructions.
7. Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Toss to combine.
8. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese topping and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
Drink: Pair this delicious dish with a crisp white Vermentino.
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale: The Versatile Pasta Dish For All Diets
The Origin Of Cavatelli al Sugo Di Maiale
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale is a traditional Italian pasta dish that has its origin in the southern region of the country. The dish is made from cavatelli pasta which is a small, curved, shell-shaped type of macaroni and a pork sausage-based sauce, called sugo di maiale. The dish is a favorite among southern Italians, with many attributing its popularity to its simplicity and abundant flavor.
Popularity Of Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale
The popularity of Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale has spread across Italy, and the dish is now a favorite in many parts of the country, including Venice, Rome, and Naples. It has also become popular in other countries, including the United States and Canada.
Making Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale Gluten Free
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale can easily be adjusted to be gluten free. The most important adjustment is to substitute the traditional cavatelli pasta for a gluten-free alternative. Popular gluten-free brands of cavatelli include Schar and Pennoni. Other than the pasta, no other ingredients in Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale are gluten-containing, making it a dish that is easy to adjust for a gluten-free diet.
Making Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale Vegan
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale can also be veganized. The most obvious substitution is to use a vegan sausage-style product to replace the traditional pork sausage. Popular vegan sausage brands include Field Roast and Tofurky. Additionally, vegan replaceable butter and plant-based milk can be used in place of regular butter and milk. With these substitutions, Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale becomes a delicious vegan meal that is packed with flavor.
Cavatelli al Sugo di Maiale is an incredibly versatile pasta dish that is enjoyed by many all around the world. It can be easily adjusted to accommodate any diet, including gluten-free and vegan. Whether served as a decadent entree or a light snack, the dish is sure to please all its guests.