Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake
Let your taste buds do the talking when you try this classic Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake! This creamy, chocolatey dessert is a decadent way to end your meal. Graham cracker crust is delicately pressed onto the pan for an enjoyable crunch and then filled with a delicious combination of egg whites, heavy cream, semi-sweet chocolate chips and toasted coconut flakes. It is then topped off with a generous layer of toasted coconut flakes. This recipe will make everyone in the room drool, so make sure to have a glass of a dry Riesling or Chenin Blanc to complete your meal. Enjoy the heavenly flavors of this classic dessert!
Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake! $30
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1 cup of ground espresso beans
– 3 tablespoons butter, melted
– 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons water
– 3 egg whites
– 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
– 1 pint heavy cream
– 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon cornstarch
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
– 2 tablespoons cold water
-1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, ground espresso beans, melted butter, and granulated sugar in a bowl.
3. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan with butter and lightly sprinkle with water.
4. Add the graham cracker mixture to the pan and press firmly into the bottom and sides.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Allow the crust to cool for at least 30 minutes before moving to the next step.
7. Beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
8. Slowly add the 2 tablespoons of water and continue to beat until almost stiff peaks form.
9. Set the egg whites aside in a clean bowl and keep at room temperature.
10. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
11. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute, stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted.
12. In another bowl, combine the cornstarch, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and cold water until completely smooth.
13. Gently fold in the melted chocolate, toasted coconut flakes, and cornstarch mixture into the whipped cream.
14. Next, fold in the egg whites until completely blended.
15. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours (or overnight).
16. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the cake with the 1/2 cup of toasted coconut flakes.
Wine: A dry Riesling or Chenin Blanc
The History of Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cakes
The Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake is a unique dessert that combines rich, creamy Bavarian cream with coconut, chocolate and a meringue topping. Its origin dates back to the early 1900s, when it was first created by the esteemed French chef A.F. Bobot. The cake has since become a classic favorite in many countries around the world.
Origins of the Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake
Bobot’s recipe for the Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake originated in Paris, France. It is believed that he was inspired by the renowned chef Auguste Escoffier, who popularized the use of Bavarian cream in desserts. Bobot created a unique combination of ingredients, including heavy cream and eggs, pudding, coconut, cinnamon and chocolate. The meringue topping was added to the Bavarian cream mixture to give the cake a light and fluffy texture.
Popularity of the Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake
Since its invention, the Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake has become popular around the world. It is now commonly found in countries as disparate as France, Japan, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In France, it is known as “la tarte au chocolat et aux noix de coco.” The Cake is often served on special occasions, such as Christmas, Easter and birthdays.
Interesting Facts about the Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake
The Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake is a unique and luxurious dessert. Its combination of ingredients create an elegant, flavorful and visually appealing cake that is perfect for any special occasion. Additionally, due to its high fat content, it is also much richer and more filling than other cakes.
The Coconut and Chocolate Bavarois Cake is a delightful dessert that has captivated palates around the world since its creation over a century ago. Its unique combination of ingredients creates a luxurious, decadent treat that is perfect for any celebration. To learn more about this delectable dessert, visit Wikipedia’s article on bavarian cream and Wikipedia’s article on coconut cakes.