Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
This Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce packs a punch of flavor! The creaminess of the milk, eggs, and butter is balanced with the crunchiness of the bread cubes and sweetness of the cinnamon sugar and banana slices. Let it all meld together in the oven and you will be left with a delicious, flavorful and comforting dessert. Best served warm, the melty caramel sauce sends this bread pudding over the top. A sweet Reisling wine will enhance the already present flavors and add extra sweetness to the dish. Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce is sure to satisfy every sweet tooth!
Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce! $15
-6 ripe bananas
-3 cups milk
-2 tablespoons of butter
-2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-6 tablespoons of brown sugar
-2 teaspoon of nutmeg
-½ teaspoon of salt
-6 cups of bread cubes
-6 tablespoons of white sugar
-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice bananas into thin slices.
3. In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk ingredients together until blended.
4. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish. Place bread cubes into prepared dish and pour milk mixture over bread cubes.
5. Place sliced bananas evenly over top of mixture.
6. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over top of bread pudding.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden and the inside is fully cooked.
8. Serve hot with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Tastes best with a sweet Reisling wine.
History of Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce is a popular dessert consisting of bread pudding made with banana, cinnamon, and a rich, creamy caramel sauce. The dish has been around for centuries, with recipes first appearing in cookbooks in the 1700s. It is believed that the original recipe was invented in the 16th century, likely in South America.
Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce has become a staple in many cultures around the world, especially in Latin American and Caribbean countries. It is often served as a dessert or breakfast dish, and it is sometimes enjoyed alone as a snack. It’s especially popular in the United States, where it can be found on restaurant menus, in cookbooks, and shared among friends and family.
Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce has a long and interesting history that has resulted in several variations on the traditional dish. For example, in Central America and Mexico, the pudding is often served with a topping of coconut and ice cream. In Jamaica, the dish is typically served with a rum-based sauce or even condensed-milk based sauce. In some parts of Europe, it is made with raisins, apples, or other dried fruit instead of bananas.