Caramel Streusel Apple Pie
This Caramel Streusel Apple Pie is the perfect tart and sweet combination! The crunchy texture of the pecan streusel topping pairs perfectly with the creamy concoction of the apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Aromatic, filling and full of flavor, this dessert is sure to tantalize the taste buds and delight any crowd. Serve it on any occasion and enjoy the unique taste experience of a classic pie with a twist!
Caramel Streusel Apple Pie! $35.00
-All-purpose flour 3 cups
-Salt 1 teaspoon
-Crisco Shortening 2 cubes, chilled
-Water 5-6 tablespoons
-6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick
-Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
-Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
-Light Brown sugar 1 cup
-Ground Ginger 1 teaspoon
– Dairy-free margarine 1/2 cup
-Pecans 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour and salt. Process for about 10 seconds
3. Cut the Crisco shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Add the water and continue processing until the dough begins to form into a ball.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thick and place into a 9-inch pie plate.
5. In a large bowl, combine the apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, and light brown sugar. Mix together until the apples are well coated.
6. Pour the apple mixture onto the pie dough.
7. Dot the top of the pie with diced dairy-free margarine.
8. Combine pecans and light brown sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle this streusel mixture on top of the pie.
9. Place the pie onto a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes.
10. Allow the pie to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Pair with a Pinot Noir as the perfect accompaniment!
History of Caramel Streusel Apple Pie
Caramel Streusel Apple Pie is a type of pie with a sweet crust, made with apples and a creamy caramel topping with a crumbly streusel. The dish is believed to have originated in the United States in the 1800s, likely from a combination of Dutch and English cooking techniques. The dessert has been a classic for centuries, with many regional and cultural variations.
Where is Caramel Streusel Apple Pie Popular?
Caramel Streusel Apple Pie has become a classic comfort food throughout the United States. It is especially popular in the Midwest and Northeastern states, but can be found in many other parts of the country. The dish has also gained popularity in parts of Europe, such as the United Kingdom and Germany, where it is served as a dessert or a special occasion treat.
Interesting Facts about Caramel Streusel Apple Pie
Caramel Streusel Apple Pie is often served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, which creates a delicious flavor combination that is sure to please any palate. Another interesting fact about this pie is that the streusel topping is usually made with a combination of sugar, butter, and flour. The streusel is sometimes also flavored with spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. Additionally, the pie can be made with different types of apples, including Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and Honeycrisp.
The Final Product
Caramel Streusel Apple Pie is a delicious dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. With its buttery crust, creamy caramel topping, and crumbly streusel, it’s sure to please everyone. Whether you serve it with a scoop of ice cream or just on its own, it’s sure to be a hit.