Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner
This delicious Christmas One-Pan Turkey Dinner is the perfect festive and nutritious meal for your family! With ingredients like tender turkey breast, creamy sweet potatoes and carrots, and delicious frozen peas and corn, your family will love this nutritious meal. Not only is this meal easy to make and under 30$, but it also provides beneficial nutrients like protein and fiber, as well as a good source of vitamins and minerals. This One-Pan Turkey Dinner is sure to be a crowd pleaser and will have your family feeling full and content this holiday season!
Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner! $29.50
– 6 oz turkey breast $6.50
– 2 cups cooked brown rice $1.50
– 1 large sweet potato $2.00
– ½ cup frozen peas $0.50
– ½ cup frozen corn $0.50
– 2 large carrots $1.50
– 2 tablespoons olive oil $0.50
– 1/3 cup chicken broth $1.00
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano $0.25
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme $0.25
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder $0.25
– ½ teaspoon ground black pepper $0.25
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato and carrots into cubes, set aside in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
4. Spread the sweet potato and carrots onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Once the broth is hot, add the turkey, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
7. Add in the cooked brown rice and frozen peas and corn, and the remaining spice mixture. Stir and cover with a lid, cooking for 5 more minutes.
8. Once done, spoon the desired portions onto plates, 3 ounces of cooked turkey breast and ½ cup cooked veggies and rice, and serve!
Nutrition: (Per 1 Serving)
Calories: 234 kcal
Carbohydrates: 30.8 g
Protein: 12.4 g
Fat: 7.4 g
Why Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner is Affordable for a Family
Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner is an affordable recipe for a family because the main ingredients, turkey and vegetables, provide a balanced meal that is cost effective compared to takeout or fast food. The turkey can be purchased in bulk to save money and the vegetables that come in a can are inexpensive as well. Additionally, the recipe uses simple ingredients that are free of highly processed items. For a family on a budget, this is a great way to provide a healthy dinner option.
Adapting the Recipe for a Gluten Free Diet
Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner is easily adapted to make it gluten free. The turkey, potatoes, and carrots are naturally gluten free, but the gravy and canned soup need to be verified to be gluten free. Both of these ingredients can be purchased gluten free or made from scratch using gluten free ingredients. Additionally, the canned soup can be substituted with a homemade recipe for a cream of mushroom soup with gluten free ingredients.
Adapting the Recipe for a Vegetarian Diet
Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner can also be adapted for a vegetarian diet. The turkey can be omitted from the recipe and substituted with a meatless product such as tofu or tempeh. Additionally, using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock in the recipe will make it vegetarian friendly. The canned soup should also be vegetarian to ensure that it meets this dietary restriction.
Shopping for the Ingredients on a Budget
The best way to shop for the ingredients in Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner is to purchase the turkey and vegetables in bulk. The turkey can typically be found on sale near the holidays and can be stored in the freezer. The frozen vegetables can also be purchased on sale and will be much less expensive than the fresh vegetables. Additionally, looking for coupons and sales on the canned ingredients such as the cream of mushroom soup, canned milk, and canned vegetables can help lower the cost of the recipe even further.
Interesting Facts about Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner
Christmas One Pan Turkey Dinner is a great way to use up any leftover turkey from the holidays. It is also a great recipe for entertaining because it can be easily doubled or tripled based on the size of the crowd. Additionally, this recipe can be prepared in advance and frozen before baking, making it a great time-saver. The ingredients can also be mixed and topped with stuffing, croutons, or cornbread to add an extra layer of flavor and texture to the dish.