Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes Recipe
This classic Spanish Christmas dessert is not only delicious, but also incredibly cute and festive. The soft and fluffy consistency of the dough combined with the fragrant notes of cinnamon, sugar and olive oil make the Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes an irresistible treat. The iconic circular shape with a shiny sugar layer on top is sure to bring the holiday spirit to any merienda. Paired with a tasty Tempranillo wine, it’s the perfect pairing for a festive celebration with family and friends!
Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes Recipe!
– 200g of table salt
– 500g all-purpose flour
– 30g of yeast
– 125ml of lukewarm water
– 125ml of whole milk
– 50ml extra virgin olive oil
– 2 large eggs
– 40g of powdered sugar
– 2tbsp of ground cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, mix together the salt, flour, yeast and powdered sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the lukewarm water, milk, oil and eggs until everything is well blended.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until a dough forms.
4. Knead the dough until it is soft and elastic. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Pre-heat oven to 360°F.
6. Take the dough from the bowl and roll it out into a rope, about 10 inches long.
7. Take the rope and shape it into a circle. Make sure the ends are stuck together.
8. Place the roscon on a greased baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
9. When the roscon is done, let it cool for 10 minutes and brush it with a combination of the cinnamon and powdered sugar.
10. Serve with a nice bottle of Tempranillo wine.
A Brief Background of the Yummy Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes
The Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes is a classic Spanish dessert, typically served during the holiday season. It is characterized by the circular shape and fragrant notes of cinnamon, sugar and olive oil, making it an irresistible treat. The Roscon de Reyes is popular in Spain and parts of Latin Americana, where it is enjoyed during a festive snack known as a merienda. The iconic circular shape and sweet sugar topping bring a charming and festive touch to the traditional snack.
Making the Perfect Roscon de Reyes
The Roscon de Reyes is made with a soft and fluffy dough, combining ingredients such as butter and eggs, as well as sugar and spices such as the previously mentioned cinnamon and olive oil. Once cooked, the dough takes on a golden-brown tone, and is then decorated with a shiny sugar layer on top. The roscon de Reyes is typically served with either a mug of hot chocolate or a glass of wine, such as a Tempranillo. As for adjustments, the Roscon de Reyes can easily be made with gluten-free alternatives, using ingredients that are suitable for dietary restrictions.
Did you know that the circular shape of the Roscon de Reyes symbolizes the traditional crown worn by the Three Wise Men during the Nativity Story? Additionally, back in 1915, a potential extra-terrestrial rock caused a stir in Mexico City when locals mistook the space rock for a Roscon de Reyes. Since then, it’s been known as the “Roscon de Reyes Meteorite!
In short, the Cute Christmas Roscon de Reyes is not only delicious, but also a very charming and festive treat. It is popular in Spain and Latin Americana, and can also easily be made with gluten-free alternatives. Enjoy this treat with a mug of hot chocolate, a glass of wine, or both! To find out more about Roscon de Reyes, check out the Wikipedia page here and this YouTube tutorial video.