Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich
Tender and juicy pulled pork and sweet grilled pineapple, smothered in BBQ sauce on a crispy sandwich roll. It doesnt get much better than that! Enjoy with a cold Belgian beer to round out the flavors.
Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich!
-1 pound of bone-in beef short ribs
-2 cups of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
-1 pineapple, sliced
-4-6 sandwich rolls
-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
-1 tablespoon of garlic powder
-1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
-1 tablespoon of brown sugar
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and the grill to high.
2. Rub the short ribs with oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 2 1/2 -3 hours, or until the short ribs are super tender.
3. After the short ribs are finished baking, set them aside and let them cool. Once cool enough to handle, begin shredding the meat off the bone.
4. Slice the pineapple into 8 slices and brush each side lightly with oil. Transfer to the grill and let cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and pineapple become slightly charred.
5. Next, brush each side of the sandwich rolls with oil, season with garlic powder and smoked paprika, and place on the grill. Cook for a few minutes per side until the rolls are crispy and lightly toasted.
6. Assemble the pulled pork sandwiches by placing a few spoonfuls of the cooked pulled pork onto each roll. Top with pineapple slices and drizzle with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
7. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
The Best Beer for Grilled Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwich:
A Belgian that is light and citrusy, such as Leffe Blonde, pairs beautifully with this sandwich. Its crisp and malty notes perfectly complement the smooth and smoky flavors of the pulled pork, with just enough sweetness from the pineapple. Plus the fruity yeasty flavors of the Belgian beer add just the right balance of complexity to the sandwich.
Grilled Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwich; tender and juicy, smothered in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce and topped with perfectly grilled pineapple! A delicious mix of sweet and savory in every bite. Serve with a Belgian Style beer for the ultimate balance of flavor.
Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich
Delicious, tangy, and distinctive, the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich is an American classic. Top it off with a cold Belgian beer, and you’re in for a treat! This sandwich is a perennial favorite that many countries across the globe have adapted for their own tastes. Whether served at a restaurant, a family gathering, or a backyard barbecue, the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich will always be a crowd-pleaser.
Where Grilled Pineapple Sandwiches Are Popular
The Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich has become a popular dish in many different countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, and many other countries. Every region has its own way of cooking the sandwich to perfection. In fact, since the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich is so popular, you can even find international versions of the sandwich in any big city.
How to Make Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich Gluten Free
The Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich can easily be adapted to be gluten free. Many grocery stores carry gluten-free sandwich rolls, which can be used as a substitute for regular sandwich rolls. Additionally, gluten-free BBQ sauces are available and can be used in replacement of regular BBQ sauce. To make sure all ingredients are gluten-free, check the labels carefully before purchasing.
Making Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich Vegan
Anyone looking to make the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich vegan can make a few easy substitutions. Firstly, vegan sandwich rolls can be used in replacement of regular sandwich rolls. Additionally, vegan BBQ sauce is widely available and can be an easy replacement for regular BBQ sauce. Finally, vegan pulled-pork substitutes can be purchased for the pulled-pork in the sandwich. With a few adjustments to the ingredients list, making the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich vegan can be achieved.
Whether served as part of a full-course meal, or as a quick snack on-the-go, the Grilled Pineapple Pulled-Pork Sandwich is sure to hit the spot. Thanks to its universal appeal and the ease of adapting it to be gluten-free and vegan, there’s no better sandwich to enjoy.
This wonderful sandwich is sure to delight everyone! Bon appétit!