Charlotte à la Framboise
: This delightful Charlotte à la Framboise is an irresistible dessert that will surely sweeten up anyone’s day! Combining delightful raspberry jam with grated lemon zest and a base of moist sponge cake, this charlotte looks just as good as it tastes. Topped with the sweetest of raspberries and generous swirls of heavy cream, you can’t help but be impressed by this delicious treat. Paired with a light, fruity Moscato D’Asti, this Charlotte à la Framboise is always a guaranteed hit!
Charlotte à la Framboise!
– 1/4 cup of raspberry jam
– 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
– 4 sheets of sponge cake
– 10 sweet raspberries
– 2 drops of orange flower water
– Heavy cream 300ml
– 50g of sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Line a 9-inch round springform cake pan with parchment paper
3. Spread the raspberry jam all over the parchment paper and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly over it.
4. Cut the sponge cake into the pieces to cover the bottom and the sides of the pan
5. Place the cake pieces in a bowl and mix with 1 drop of orange flower water
6. Place the mixture of sponge cake in the cake pan.
7. Fill the cake pan with the sweet raspberries, distributing them evenly.
8. Take the heavy cream and add the sugar and whisk until thick
9. Spread the cream over the raspberry and sponge cake mixture in the cake pan
10. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Let cool down and remove from the pan
Wine: A light, fruity Moscato D’Asti would pair perfectly with this Charlotte à la Framboise.
Charlotte à la Framboise
Where is the Charlotte à la Framboise Popular?
Charlotte à la Framboise is a classic French dessert that is popular throughout France. It is a Molded Bavarian Cream Pudding dessert which consists of a mousse-like cream layer made of egg whites, cream, sugar, and a raspberry jam. This sweet custard dish is often served chilled with a garnish of fresh raspberries or whole raspberry sauce. Since its origin in the 19th century, Charlotte à la Framboise has been a popular dessert in France. It is a classic for special occasions, typically served after a filling dinner when the guests are looking for a light, sweet ending. Alternatively, it can also be served for brunch for an elegant breakfast dish.
Charlotte à la Framboise can easily be adjusted to accommodate special dietary needs. For those with gluten allergies, adjustments can be made to create a gluten-free version of this traditional dessert. This can be done by using gluten-free cake flour, like brown rice flour, or oat flour, to replace the traditional all-purpose flour in the cake layer. Additionally, many store-bought gelatin mixes are naturally gluten-free, meaning there is no need to make any adjustments to this part of the recipe.
Similarly, to accommodate vegan diets, Charlotte à la Framboise can be adjusted accordingly. A flax or chia egg can be used to replace the traditional eggs in the recipe. Additionally, plant-based milk can be used for the cream layer, and vegan butter can be used for the cake layer. The gelatin in the recipe can also be substituted for agar agar, a gluten free, vegan-friendly alternative.
Effect of Adjustments
Ultimately, the adjustments that can be made to Charlotte à la Framboise provide the opportunity for special dietary needs to enjoy the classic French dessert. The alterations barely change the context of the dessert, just the ingredients, meaning that all guests will still be able to enjoy the unique flavors and textures of the dessert.