Grill up some deliciousness with this savory Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich! With a crispy butter-grilled bread, bacon strips, provolone cheese, slices of tomato, red onion, lettuce, pickles and a heavenly combination of hot honey and spicy mayo – it’s guaranteed to satisfy your craving with each and every bite! Perfect for game day grilling, or any time hunger strikes, this sandwich will be sure to leave your taste buds totally satisfied. Enjoy it with a cold beer!
Mouthwatering Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich!
-2 strips thick cut bacon
-2 slices provolone cheese
-1 grilled chicken breast
-1 slice tomato
-1 small leaf iceberg lettuce
-2 pickle slices
-2-3 slices red onion
Instructions for Hot Honey:
1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup honey and 1 teaspoon hot sauce. Set aside.
Instructions for Spicy Mayo:
1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon hot sauce. Set aside.
Instructions to Grill Chicken:
1. Preheat your outdoor grill or stove top grill pan to a medium high heat.
2. Drizzle the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.
4. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate and let rest.
Instructions to Assemble the Sandwich:
1. Begin by cooking the bacon according to the package instructions.
2. Lightly butter each side of the bread slice.
3. Place the bread slices on the preheated pan or outdoor grill and toast for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden and lightly toasted.
4. Assemble the sandwich by layering the ingredients in the following order: mayo, bacon, tomato, onion, chicken, cheese, lettuce, pickles, and hot honey.
5. Enjoy the sandwich and savor the flavors!
This sandwich is best paired with a cold beer.
Mouthwatering Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich
This Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich is sure to satisfy your hunger with each delightful bite. This flavor-packed sandwich features some of the most flavorful and delicious ingredients, including crispy butter-grilled bread, bacon strips, provolone cheese, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, pickles, and a tantalizing combination of hot honey and spicy mayo. It’s the perfect addition to your next game day grilling or anytime your taste buds are begging for something filling and tasty. Enjoy this sandwich with a cold beer for a delectable combination that’s tough to beat.
Why People Love It
Aside from sheer deliciousness, the melting combination of flavors and textures from this sandwich is one of the main reasons why people love it so much. The sweet and spicy condiments add a really nice contrast to the crunchy and savory elements from the bacon, cheese, and grilled bread. Plus, throughout each and every bite, your tongue will be met with the crispness of the lettuce, onion, and tomatoes, which break up all of the delicious richness for the other ingredients. With each mouthful, the sandwich comes alive with the perfect balance of textures and tastes.
Making it Gluten Free
Making this sandwich gluten free is an easy change to make and will still leave you with a crave-worthy meal. To make the sandwich gluten free, simply use gluten free bread or wraps instead of the butter-grilled bread. You will also want to check that all of your other ingredients are certified gluten free. Doing so can still give you an amazing sandwich that is full of flavor and free of gluten.
Making it Vegan
Making this sandwich vegan is also a simple change that won’t take away from the flavor. To make it vegan, substitute the chicken for a vegan protein, such as crumbled tofu or vegan chicken strips. You’ll also want to make sure you use vegan-friendly condiments and vegan cheese to replace the provolone cheese. With these simple swaps, this sandwich can be enjoyed by anyone following a vegan diet.
Whether you make it gluten free, vegan, or both, this Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich is sure to leave your taste buds more than satisfied! Enjoy it with a cold beer to take the flavor to a new level.