Thick and crispy pork schnitzel, topped with pickles, capers, shallots, arugula and melted swiss cheese, smothered with spicy mustard and hot honey, piled high on a Kaiser roll and lightly grilled…this Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich is sure to tantalize your taste buds! Enjoy with a light-bodied Pinot Gris or flavorful craft beer.
Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich!
– 8 oz pork schnitzel
– 1 Kaiser roll
– 1 tablespoon capers
– 1 teaspoon pickles
– 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
– 2 teaspoons hot honey
– 1 clove shallots
– 2 tablespoons arugula
– ¼ cup swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pound the pork schnitzel 1/2 inch thick with a meat mallet.
3. Place the schnitzel onto the parchment paper and season with salt, pepper and herbs of choice.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping half way.
5. Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
6. Place the schnitzel into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown.
7. Slice the Kaiser Roll in half, spread each side with spicy mustard and hot honey.
8. Place the cooked schnitzel onto the bottom half along with capers, pickles, shallots, arugula and swiss cheese.
9. Top with the Kaiser Roll and lightly grill the sandwich in a skillet or panini press until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
10. Cut in half and enjoy!
Pairing: A light-bodied Pinot Gris or white craft beer would pair perfectly with this flavorful sandwich.
Delicious Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel SandwichThis delicious Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich is sure to tantalize your taste buds! A thick and crispy pork schnitzel, topped with pickles, capers, shallots, arugula and melted Swiss cheese, smothered with spicy mustard and hot honey and piled high on a Kaiser roll and lightly grilled, it’s no wonder why people love it. Whether enjoyed with a light-bodied Pinot Gris or flavorful craft beer, it’s sure to be a hit!
Why People Like This RecipePeople enjoy this Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich for a variety of reasons. Firstly, it is packed with interesting and delicious flavors – from the sweet and tangy mustard and hot honey to the salty pickles, capers and melted Swiss cheese, all of the flavor combinations complement each other perfectly. On top of this, its crunchy, crispy texture is divine. It is also incredibly simple to make, allowing everyone to bring a tongue-tingling treat to their table in no time.
Making The Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich Gluten FreeIt is relatively easy to adapt this Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich to make it gluten free. Instead of using a traditional Kaiser roll, all you need to do is purchase gluten free buns or sandwich rolls, ensuring that they are preferably made with ancient grains or other healthy ingredients. You can also use gluten free ingredients in place of the traditional schnitzel, such as frying the pork in gluten free breadcrumbs or using gluten free flour to coat the pork.
Making The Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich VeganTo make this Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich vegan, all you need to do is purchase and use plant-based ingredients in place of the traditional pork and dairy. A great alternative for the pork is vegan schnitzels, which can easily be found at most supermarkets and health food stores. As for the cheese, there are many delicious vegan alternatives available that taste just as good as traditional cheese – simply grill them on the bun and enjoy! Using vegan mayonnaise, mustard and hot honey also allows this sandwich to be fully vegan.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Tuscan Pecorino Meatball Sandwich with Ciabatta or this delicious Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!
If you are left with some questions, there are so many other information archives out there!
I am a big fan of: Cooks Illustrated and The Cookie Rookie. Check them out too!