This Ultimate French Dip Sandwich is perfect for parties, game day snacks or a hearty lunch. Start by sautéing bell pepper and onions, adding the roast beef and garlic powder to the pan and heating it all the way through. Butter up two sides of the hoagie roll, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, oregano and Parmesan cheese and finish it off with a layer of Swiss cheese. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Cut into two pieces and serve with a warm cheese sauce for an amazing French Dip Sandwich experience. Best paired with a bock beer for a tasty and savory flavor. Enjoy!
The Ultimate French Dip Sandwich!
– 3 ounces Roast Beef (for 1 sandwich)
– About 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
– 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 2 slices of deli-style Swiss cheese (or more to your preference)
– 1 hoagie/submarine/long sandwich roll
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
– 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons beef broth
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
Add the bell pepper and onions.
Sauté until the vegetables are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a small baking dish.
3. Add the roast beef and garlic powder to the pan and sauté until heated through.
4. Butter two sides of the hoagie roll and place the roll into the greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce, oregano and Parmesan cheese over the roll.
Then layer on the roast beef and vegetables.
6. Place Swiss cheese over the top.
7. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and roll is lightly browned.
8. Stir together the beef broth and 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Once melted and lightly bubbling, turn off heat and set aside.
9. Remove the French dip sandwich from the oven and cut into two pieces.
10. Serve the sandwich with the warm cheese sauce.
Best Paired with a Bock Beer!
The Ultimate French Dip Sandwich
The Ultimate French Dip Sandwich is the perfect dish for special occasions, game day snacks, or for a hearty lunch. This sandwich combines the savory flavor of sautéed bell peppers and onions, roasted beef and a mix of herbs and cheese in a crunchy hoagie roll. And, don’t forget the warm cheese sauce that takes it over the top. Everyone loves it!
Why People Love This Sandwich
The combination of ingredients in this French Dip sandwich provides a unique flavor that will have your friends and family asking for more. The sautéed bell peppers and onions give it a mild sweetness that is complemented by the roasted beef, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. The Oregano, Parmesan cheese, and Swiss cheese give it a cheesy kick that, when combined with the toasted roll and the cheese sauce, make this sandwich irresistible.
Making the Recipe Gluten-Free
If someone in your family is gluten-free, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy this Ultimate French Dip Sandwich. Start by replacing the hoagie roll with a gluten-free alternative such as rice wraps, corn tortillas, or thick slices of gluten-free toast. Make sure to only use gluten-free Worcestershire sauce and cheese sauce, and double-check the labels of any herbs or spices you use.
Making The Recipe Vegan
Those who follow a vegan lifestyle can still enjoy this delicious sandwich. Start by replacing the roast beef with a vegan alternative such as crumbled tempeh, or roasted vegetables like eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers. Only use vegan cheese and cheese sauce, and make sure all other ingredients are suitable for a vegan diet.
The Perfect Pairing
This Ultimate French Dip Sandwich pairs perfectly with a bock beer for a tasty and savory flavor. Enjoy!
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Gooey Cheese and Crispiness All in One Croque Monsieur or this delicious Tasty Haddock Sandwich. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!