This Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich is the perfect way to upgrade a classic sandwich for a delicious meal! Start off by pounding a chicken breast until thin, add in some ham and cheese, and wrap the chicken around the filling like a package for the perfect bite. Finish things off with a Panko and Paprika topping for a crispy crust, and serve it all on toasted Brioche Bread – delicious! Try pairing it with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio for the ideal combination at mealtime. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich!
• 2 slices of toasted Brioche Bread
• 4 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 2 slices of ham
• 2 thin slices Provolone cheese
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons of refined all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons of Panko
• 1 teaspoon of Paprika
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped Parsley
1. Pound the 4 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast between two pieces of parchment paper, until the chicken reaches an even ¼ inch thickness.
2. Place the 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of the Provolone cheese in the center, then fold the chicken up to enclose the filling.
3. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl.
4. Place the refined all-purpose flour onto a rimmed baking sheet, then season it with salt and pepper.
5. Coat the chicken in the egg, then place it into the flour, patting gently so it’s well covered.
6. Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Place the chicken onto the skillet.
8. Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Once cooked, lift the chicken out of the skillet with a pair of tongs, and place on a pan lined with a paper towel, to allow to cool before serving.
10. Mix together the Panko, Paprika, and freshly chopped Parsley in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.
11. Toast 2 slices of the Brioche Bread.
12. Place the chicken breast onto the toasted slices of Brioche Bread.
13. Sprinkle the Panko mix onto the chicken.
14. Cut the sandwich in half and serve warm.
Pair with a Pinot Grigio for the ultimate Cordon Bleu Sandwich experience!
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich: A Delicious Upgrade
This Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich is the perfect way to upgrade a classic sandwich for a delicious meal! People love this dish because it is a unique twist on traditional sandwich ingredients, combining ham and cheese into the mix. Additionally, the Panko and Paprika topping creates a crispy crust that complements the rest of this cheesy, flavorful meal. To serve, simply put everything onto toasted Brioche Bread and pair lightly with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio. It’s the perfect combination for any mealtime.
Making this Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich recipe gluten-free is easy! All that’s needed is to switch out the Brioche Bread for a gluten-free alternative, such as a GF roll, GF sandwich bread, or GF baguette. This can be easily found in many supermarkets and bakeries, so it won’t be hard to discreetly cater to dietary needs.
Making this Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich vegan is a little trickier, as naturally, chicken is off the table. Luckily, there are a few excellent vegan replacements to create a delicious sandwich. One option is to use vegan imitation chicken strips. To create an equally delicious option without the “meat”, jackfruit can be used, as it has a similar texture and taste to chicken when cooked. Combining it with vegan ham and cheese, and vegan Brioche Bread, with the same Panko and Paprika topping, creates an excellent vegan friendly version of this classic dish.
Try the Delicious Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
This Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich is a delicious way to upgrade traditional sandwich ingredients for mealtime. Not only is it tasty, but it is also easily tailored for vegan and gluten-free dietary needs. For the ideal combination, pair with chilled glass of Pinot Grigio. Try out this delicious recipe today and enjoy!