A swirl of creamy ice cream is drenched in sweet cocoa, lightly tart citrus cream and topped off with delicious, tender roasted strawberries. This Citrusy Strawberry Sundae is sure to be a hit with all! Enjoy a glass of Prosecco to bring out the sweet and citrus flavors in this tantalizing treat.
Citrusy Strawberry Sundae!
– 2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
– 2 tablespoons of orange or lemon zest
– 2/3 cup of sugar
– 2/3 cup of heavy cream
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
– For Topping: your favorite ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In a medium bowl, mix sliced strawberries, orange or lemon zest, 1/3 cup of sugar, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract together
3. Spread the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet
4. Bake the strawberries in a preheated oven for 10 minutes
5. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, add cream, remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
6. Beat the mixture until soft peaks form
7. Once the strawberries are finished baking, let cool
8. Assemble the sundaes: fill each bowl with your favorite ice cream, top with warm strawberries and citrus whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream
Pair with: Prosecco!
Tantalizing Citrusy Strawberry Sundae
The Citrusy Strawberry Sundae is a delicious, summery treat that is sure to be a hit with all! It has a creamy swirl of ice cream and is drenched in sweet cocoa and lightly tart citrus cream, topped off with tender, roasted strawberries. It will tantalize your taste buds and have you savoring every last bite. A glass of Prosecco brings out the sweet and citrus flavors in this heavenly delight.
A Great Hit with Everyone
People of all ages are sure to love this Citrusy Strawberry Sundae. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tart that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. The combination of creamy ice cream, sweet cocoa and lightly tart citrus cream, and tender roasted strawberries will have everyone asking for more. It’s an easy and delicious treat that is as impressive to serve as it is to devour.
Making It Gluten Free
For those with gluten sensitivities, the Citrusy Strawberry Sundae can easily be adjusted to be gluten-free. Start by using a gluten-free ice cream. You can then use cocoa powder that is labeled as gluten-free. Lastly, use fresh citrus juice or lemon juice and gluten-free oats in the lightly-tart cream. With a few simple adjustments, you can enjoy this treat with little worry.
Making It Vegan
For those looking to make the Citrusy Strawberry Sundae more plant-based, it can be altered to be vegan. Start by substituting your favorite vegan-friendly ice cream. Cocoa powder is typically already vegan, but double check the label to ensure it is. To make the lightly tart cream plant-based, use vegan butter and either vegan lemon extract or citrus juice. Lastly, top off this vegan-friendly sundae with roasted strawberries or fresh ones for a tasty, vegan treat!
The Perfect Summer Treat
No matter if you’re looking to make it gluten free or vegan, the Citrusy Strawberry Sundae is the perfect summer treat to enjoy. The combination of creamy ice cream, sweet cocoa with a hint of tart citrus cream, and roasted strawberries on top is sure to have everyone asking for more. Kick back and enjoy this flavorful treat with a glass of Prosecco and you’ll be in paradise.