A delicious cherry-almond dream pie made with two store-bought frozen deep-dish pie shells, sweet cherries, white sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, butter, almond extract, and heavy cream. This rich combination creates a beautiful flavor and aroma. Enjoy this pie warm or cold finish it off with a glass of White Rioja for the perfect pairing!
Cherry-Almond Dream Pie!
• 2 store-bought frozen deep-dish pie shells
• 6 cups fresh sweet cherries (pitted)
• 3/4 cup of white sugar
• 1/4th teaspoon of cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons of butter (cubed)
• 2 tablespoons of almond extract
• 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all cherries, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Mix until coat evenly.
3. Place one of the pie shells into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and spoon cherries into the shell.
4. Dot the cherries with cubed butter and sprinkle almond extract over top.
5. Place the remaining pie shell onto the top of the dish and pinch crust together. Brush top crust with heavy cream.
6. Place Pie Plate onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
7. Cool 5 minutes or so before serving.
Pair with White Rioja!
Introducing the Delicious Cherry-Almond Dream PieThe Cherry-Almond Dream Pie is a rich combination of sweet cherries, white sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, butter, almond extract, and heavy cream. Two store-bought frozen deep-dish pie shells complete this delicious dessert which is sure to delight all who enjoy it. With its beautiful flavor and aroma, this pie is the perfect addition for any meal. Enjoy it warm or cold and pair it with a glass of White Rioja for the ultimate treat.
Why People Love the Cherry-Almond Dream PieThe delicious combination of cherries, almond extract and butter make this pie irresistible– perfectly balancing sweet and savory flavors. And the two store-bought frozen deep-dish pie shells simplify the recipe, making it easy to put together with minimal effort. Plus, the addition of cinnamon and heavy cream make the flavor and texture of the pie even more luxurious and irresistible. No wonder so many people love the Cherry-Almond Dream Pie!
Making the Cherry-Almond Dream Pie Gluten-FreeFor those who need to avoid gluten, this delicious pie can still be made without having to miss out on its heavenly flavors. To do so, utilize a pre-made gluten-free pie crust, making sure to read the label and confirm it is indeed gluten-free. Then you can simply follow the same instructions as standard and create a scrumptious gluten-free version of this Cherry-Almond Dream Pie.
Making the Cherry-Almond Dream Pie VeganMaking this pie vegan-friendly is also possible with a few simple substitutions. Start by switching out the butter for vegan butter, and the heavy cream for coconut whipped cream or vegan-friendly ice cream. Then look for organic, non-genetically-modified options for cornstarch, and you are on your way to a vegan version of the delicious and decadent Cherry-Almond Dream Pie. Enjoy!
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Berry Breezy Tarts or this delicious Spiced Roasted Pineapple with Honey and Pistachios. You can also check out the full Dessert Archive!
If you are left with some questions, there are so many other information archives out there!
I am a big fan of: Allrecipes and Food Network. Check them out too!