This delightful treat is perfect for any special occasion or celebratory event! The chocolate dipped croissant is a unique and decadent treat that is sure to please any and all of your guests. The combination of the crispy croissant and fluffy, sweetened mousse is a match made in heaven. Enjoy this showstopper of a recipe!
Chocolate-Dipped Croissant Filled with Mousse!
-1/4 cup cocoa powder
-2 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate
-3 tablespoons heavy cream
-4 tablespoons butter
-1/4 cup warm water
-1 teaspoon active dry yeast
-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
-2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. To make the croissant, combine the yeast, sugar, warm water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes until it’s foamy.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
5. In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, melted butter, egg and mix until well combined.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring constantly until a dough forms.
7. Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
8. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
9. On a floured surface roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle.
10. Cut into 12 even triangles.
11. Place the triangles on a greased baking sheet.
12. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Remove croissants and let cool.
14. To make the mousse, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, stirring constantly until softened.
15. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
16. Fold in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract until just combined.
17. Place the mousse into the refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
18. To assemble your croissants, spread one tablespoon of mousse onto the center of each croissant.
19. Pipe a small amount of melted chocolate down the center of the mousse.
20. Create a mini sandwich with the croissant.
21. Dip each end of the croissant into the melted chocolate and place onto a parchment lined plate.
22. Place plate in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
Pair with a glass of ruby port wine.
Enjoy this unforgettable combination of a chocolate-dipped croissant filled with a fluffy and sweetened homemade chocolate mousse! Serve and enjoy immediately!
Chocolate-Dipped Croissant Filled with Mousse: A Decadent DelightThis delightful treat is perfect for any special occasion or celebratory event! The chocolate dipped croissant is a unique and decadent treat that is sure to please any and all of your guests. The combination of the crispy croissant and fluffy, sweetened mousse is a match made in heaven. Enjoy this showstopper of a recipe!
Why People Love This Delicious DessertThe decadent combination of sweet mousse and rich chocolate pairs perfectly with the crispy texture of the croissant. It’s a unique take on the classic French dessert, and provides a luxurious treat for any gathering. The perfect balance of sweetness and richness, combined with the light and fluffy texture, make this a surefire hit with any crowd.
Making Chocolate-Dipped Croissants Gluten-FreeIn order to adjust this recipe to make it gluten-free, simply switch out the croissant in the original recipe for your favorite gluten-free pastry alternative. Many baking stores carry a variety of different gluten-free pastries, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a suitable alternative.
Creating Vegan Chocolate CroissantsThis recipe can easily be adjusted to be vegan-friendly in order to accommodate any vegan guests. Simply switch out the mousse in the original recipe for your favorite vegan mousse alternative. This can be store-bought or homemade. You can also switch out the butter and cream in the original recipe for your favorite vegan substitutes. This can help ensure that everyone can enjoy this delicious dessert!
ConclusionThis delicious chocolate-dipped croissant filled with mousse is the perfect decadent treat for any special occasion. It is absolutely sure to be a hit with any crowd. For those with dietary restrictions, it can easily be altered to make it gluten-free or vegan. Try out this delicious recipe today!
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Berry Breezy Tarts or this delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. You can also check out the full Dessert Archive!
If you are left with some questions, there are so many other information archives out there!
I am a big fan of: Taste of Home and BBC Good Food. Check them out too!