This sandwich is sure to tantalize your taste buds with juicy fried chicken sandwiched between a ciabatta roll and drizzled with the perfect combination of sweet and spicy hot honey! The smoky paprika and cayenne pepper add just the right amount of kick to balance the sweetness. Enjoy with a cold beer for the ultimate summertime meal.
Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey!
– 1 Ciabatta roll
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more as needed
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– ¼ cup honey
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil, and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or baking dish.
3. In a separate shallow bowl or baking dish, whisk together the eggs.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, then coat with the flour mixture.
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking.
6. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
7. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
8. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the honey, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir until the mixture is smooth and combined.
9. Take the ciabatta roll and cut it in half lengthwise. Place the chicken on the bottom half of the roll and drizzle with the honey mixture.
10. Place the top of the roll over the chicken and serve.
Pair with a pale lager or a wheat beer to bring out the mild spice and sweetness of the honey.
Deliciously Tempting Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey
This sandwich is sure to tantalize your taste buds with a juicy fried chicken sandwiched between a ciabatta roll and drizzled with the perfect combination of sweet and spicy hot honey! The smoky paprika and cayenne pepper add just the right amount of kick to balance the sweetness. Enjoy with a cold beer for the ultimate summertime meal.
Why People Love Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey
People love Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey due to the combination of delicious flavors. The combination of fried chicken and juicy, sweet honey adds a special flavor that no other sandwich can boast. The added smokiness and kick from the paprika and cayenne create the perfect mix of sweet and tangy that is difficult to beat. The ciabatta roll really ties the sandwich together and adds the perfect texture to compliment the juicy chicken and the delicious honey.
Making Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey Gluten-Free
It can be difficult to adjust Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey to make it gluten-free, but with a few simple substitutions, it can easily be modified to meet dietary restrictions. The ciabatta roll can be replaced with a gluten-free substitute like a gluten-free Kaiser roll or lettuce wrap. Be sure to check the labels of your honey and paprika to ensure they are certified gluten-free. It may be necessary to look for vegetarian and organic brands to guarantee a wheat-free product.
Vegan Substitutions for Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey
It’s easy to make Fried Chicken Ciabatta with Spicy Hot Honey vegan-friendly with a few simple swaps. The chicken can be replaced with vegan-friendly substitutes, such as marinated and spiced mushrooms, tempeh, seitan, and tofu. Additionally, replacing eggs with vegan egg substitutes like banana powder, ground flaxseeds, and aquafaba will help keep the fried chicken vegan-friendly. When choosing honey and paprika, make sure they are certified vegan friendly.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Grilled Pork Cutlet Focaccia Sandwich or this delicious Grilled Bacon & Caramelized Onion Meatloaf Sandwich. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!