This classic Italian recipe is sure to impress! Pappardelle pasta is made from scratch with all-purpose flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt. The arrabbiata sauce is simple but packs a punch of flavor with crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano, chili flakes, and a generous helping of extra virgin olive oil. Top this comforting dish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, and a glass of Dolcetto di Dogliani wine for an Italian culinary experience like no other.
Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe!
– 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil
– 8 ounces of crushed tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
– Salt & Pepper, to taste
– Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving
– Parsley, for serving
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center, then add the eggs and olive oil. Using a fork, slowly start to incorporate the flour into the eggs and oil, until you create a loose dough.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough gently for 5 minutes. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook if available. When the dough is smooth and no longer sticky, shape it into a ball wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. While the dough is resting, make the arrabbiata sauce. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
6. Unwrap the pasta dough and divide it into 4 equal parts. Lightly flour each piece and roll it into a thin sheet on a lightly floured work surface.
7. Cut each sheet into 2.5 cm (1”) thick strips, then wrap the strips around your clean fingers and give the strips a firm press with thumbs to form Pappardelle. Place the pappardelle on a large baking sheet lightly dusted with flour to dry.
8. To cook the pappardelle, add them to the boiling salted water and simmer for 3 minutes or until al dente.
9. Once cooked, drain the pasta then toss it in the arrabbiata sauce.
10. To serve the pasta, plate a portion of the pappardelle in a bowl and top with a ladle of the Arrabbiata Sauce and a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
Pair with: a light and fruity Italian red wine like a Dolcetto di Dogliani.
Classic Italian Comfort Food: Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce
Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce is a classic Italian dish that is sure to impress! This simple yet flavorful recipe is made with all-purpose flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt. Then a delicious arrabbiata sauce is added with crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano, chili flakes, and extra virgin olive oil. Finally, the comforting and delicious dish is topped off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, and a glass of Dolcetto di Dogliani wine, making it a truly unique classic Italian experience.
Why People Love Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce
People love Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce due to its flavorful and comforting taste. The tantalizing combination of the pasta, with its amazing texture, and the Arrabbiata Sauce, made with the perfect blend of spices, is sure to satisfy any Italian food connoisseur. This traditional Italian dish, combined with the Dolcetto di Dogliani wine, brings out the flavor of each component, creating a unique and delicious Italian culinary experience.
Making Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce Gluten Free
People who are looking to make a gluten free version of Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce can substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten free all-purpose flour. This type of flour is available in many grocery stores and specialty stores. Additionally, people can also use gluten free pasta, such as brown rice noodles, to ensure that the meal is completely gluten free.
Making Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce Vegan
Making Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce vegan is relatively easy. The Parmesan cheese can be replaced with non-dairy cheese, such as vegan mozzarella, and the eggs in the pasta can be swapped out with a non-dairy baking agent, such as applesauce or flaxseed meal. Additionally, the olive oil can be replaced with a non-dairy alternative, such as vegan butter.
Easy to Make, Fun to Eat
Pappardelle with Arrabbiata Sauce is a classic Italian dish that is easy to make, but packs a punch of flavor. Whether you are looking for a gluten free version or a vegan version, you can adjust the ingredients to make the perfect Italian dish for you. With its unique flavor and its incredibly comforting taste, this recipe is sure to satisfy even the most discerning of culinary tastebuds.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Orecciette with Italian Sausage and Broccolini or this delicious Tordelli Lucchese Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter Sauce. You can also check out the full Pasta Archive!