Experience the taste of an authentic Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich with this delicious recipe! Start off by seasoning a 10-12 ounce ribeye steak with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, olive oil, paprika, oregano leaves, black pepper and sea salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, remove from heat, and chop into small cubes. Then cook bell peppers and onions in butter and season with salt. Assemble the sandwich with buttered and toasted long crusty roll, cheese whiz, steak, bell peppers and onions, and more cheese whiz. Bake for an additional 2 minutes to melt the cheese and enjoy a delicious meal with a glass of dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc!
Philadelphia Authentic Cheesesteak Sandwich!
– 1 Long crusty roll
– 10-12 ounces ribeye steak
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/4 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
– 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced into thin half moons
– 1/2 tablespoon butter
– 2 tablespoon butter
– 3-4 ounces cheese whiz
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season ribeye steak with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, olive oil, paprika, oregano leaves, black pepper, and sea salt.
3. Once skillet is hot, add ribeye steak to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until steak reaches desired level of doneness.
4. Remove steak from heat and let rest for 2-3 minutes, then chop steak into small cubes.
5. Place a second skillet over medium heat and add butter.6. Add bell pepper and onion to skillet and season with salt, then cook until softened and lightly browned.
7. To assemble the sandwich, buttered the insides of the long crusty roll and lightly toast in a preheated 350°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Once toasted, spread the cheese whiz onto the inside of the roll.
9. Add the chopped steak and the bell pepper and onion mixture onto the roll then top with more cheese whiz.
10. Place the sandwich back into the oven and bake for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
11. Remove from oven and serve.
Pair with: A dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc.
Experience the Authentic Taste of a Philadelphia Cheesesteak Sandwich
This classic sandwich recipe is celebrated for the delicious combination of ribeye steak, bell peppers and onions, and cheese whiz all served on a toasted and buttered long, crusty roll. This unique sandwich is a favorite among food lovers, and enjoyed as part of a casual lunch or as a quick, easy meal. Cooks enjoy making their own version of this classic sandwich to add their own personal spin on it.
What Makes the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich So Popular?
The authentic taste of the Philly cheesesteak sandwich is a major reason why it’s become such a popular dish. The combination of ribeye steak, bell peppers, onions, and cheese whiz all baked together in that toasted and buttered crispyroll is a mouthwatering combination. The traditional recipe calls for using cheese whiz as the cheese, though many people substitute in other cheese varieties as well.
Gluten-Free Alternatives for the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
To make a gluten-free version of the Philly cheesesteak sandwich, look for a gluten-free roll. Some great alternatives include Udi’s Millet-Chia bread, or Thomas’ Gluten-Free Original English Muffins. These gluten-free breads and rolls have a great texture and taste, and will help you make a delicious sandwich without the gluten!
Vegan Alternatives for the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Vegan versions of the Philly cheesesteak sandwich can be made with either vegan mock steak, tempeh, veggie crumbles, or seitan. For the cheese, vegan cheese slices, vegan cheese shreds, or vegan cheese whiz work great. Serve these vegan ingredients alongside the bell peppers and onions, and assemble it all on a vegan bun or roll. Enjoy this vegan version of the classic sandwich, complete with all the delicious flavors of the original.
The Delicious Taste of a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
No matter how you choose to make it, the Philly cheesesteak sandwich always tastes amazing. Enjoy the perfect combination of flavors from the steak, bell peppers and onions, as well as the melted cheese, all sandwiched together in a toasted and buttered roll. Experience for yourself the delicious taste of the Philly stripes with this classic recipe, and the perfect accompaniment is a glass of dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc!