This Colorful Fruit Tart with Almond Crust is the perfect summer treat! The almond crust is buttery and crumbly, and it pairs perfectly with the creamy pastry cream, sweet fruit, and slightly tart apricot jam. It’s easy to make and it’s a great way to enjoy all the delicious flavors of summer. Plus, it looks beautiful, so you can impress your friends and family with this unique and tasty dessert. Make this Colorful Fruit Tart with Almond Crust today for a sweet and special treat!
Colorful Fruit Tart with Almond Crust!
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ⅔ cup almond meal
– 2 tbsp granulated sugar
– ¼ tsp salt
– 7 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
– 1 large egg yolk
– 1-2 tbsp ice cold water
– 1 cup milk
– 3 large egg yolks
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Fruits and Toppings:
– 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
– 1 mango, peeled and diced
– ½ cup raspberries
– ½ cup blueberries
– 2 tbsp apricot jam
– Edible flower petals for decoration (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the flour, almond meal, sugar, and salt to combine. Add the cold butter cubes and pulse until the mixture becomes sandy. Add the egg yolk and pulse again, then slowly add in enough ice water to form a smooth dough ball.
3. Roll out the dough to fit a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough gently into the bottom and sides of the pan and trim off any excess. Poke the bottom of the tart several times with a fork.
4. Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk until simmering. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract until pale and creamy.
6. Gradually whisk in the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the pastry cream thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the unsalted butter until smooth and shiny.
7. Let the pastry cream cool down a bit before pouring it into the cooled almond crust. Arrange the sliced kiwi, diced mango, raspberries, and blueberries on top of the pastry cream in a colorful pattern.
8. In a small saucepan, gently heat up the apricot jam over medium heat for a few minutes until it becomes thin and brushable. With a pastry brush, coat the top of the fruit tart with the apricot jam for a shiny finish.
9. Chill the fruit tart in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Top with edible flowers, if desired.
Pair it with a glass of chilled Prosecco or Mimosa for a perfect brunch or summer dessert!
A Delicious and Beautiful Dessert: Colorful Fruit Tart with Almond Crust
This Colorful Fruit Tart is the perfect way to add a little sweetness to your next gathering! The light and crispy almond crust pairs perfectly with the silky pastry cream and fresh fruit topping. With its vibrant colors and delicate flavors, this tart is sure to be a showstopper wherever it’s served. Best of all, it’s easy to make and is customizable to suit any diet needs!
Why People Love This Recipe
This Colorful Fruit Tart is sure to wow your guests with its beautiful presentation and delicious flavors. The almond crust adds a great nutty flavor, while the pastry cream and fresh fruit provide the perfect amount of sweetness. Plus, the tart is super simple to make, meaning you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the company of your guests.
Adjusting the Recipe to be Gluten Free
This Colorful Fruit Tart can easily be made gluten-free by substituting the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. As for the almond meal, simply find a gluten-free variety that is made from almonds that have been processed in a gluten-free facility.
Adjusting the Recipe to be Vegan
This Colorful Fruit Tart can be made vegan by substituting the butter with vegan butter, the milk with a plant-based milk, and the egg yolk with a flax egg. As for the pastry cream, simply use a vegan-friendly sweetener instead of the sugar and add a splash of plant-based milk to thin out the mixture if desired.
This Colorful Fruit Tart is a great dessert to make for any occasion! Its light almond crust, silky pastry cream and fresh fruit topping make it a truly unforgettable treat. Plus, it can be easily tweaked to accommodate any dietary needs, so everyone can enjoy this delicious and beautiful dessert.