This sweet and savory breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to start your day! With two thick slices of maple glazed bacon and one egg cooked to perfection, all sandwiched between two halves of a glazed doughnut and topped off with a bourbon caramel sauce, it is sure to hit the spot! Enjoy this delightful combination of crispy bacon, gooey egg and sweet doughnut, all paired perfectly with a light and crisp white wine. The ultimate breakfast indulgence!
Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Bourbon Caramel Sauce!
1 glazed doughnut
2 thick cut slices of maple glazed bacon
1 sunny side up egg
2 tablespoons bourbon caramel sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
3. Place the bacon slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Generously rub each bacon slice with the maple syrup, brown sugar, and spicy pepper-salt mixture.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked and crispy.
6. To prepare the bourbon caramel sauce, add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of bourbon and a pinch of sea salt to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
7. Bring to a full boil, stirring frequently.
8. Remove from heat and set aside.
9. Cut the doughnut with the top and the bottom.
10. Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
11. Once the butter begins to bubble, carefully place the egg in the center.
12. Cook the egg until the edges are golden brown and the yolk begins to set.
13. Place the bacon slices onto the bottom half of the doughnut.
14. Top the bacon with the sunny side up egg.
15. Drizzle the bourbon caramel sauce over the egg and top with the other half of the doughnut.
16. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pair this sweet and savory breakfast sandwich with a hot cup of coffee accompanied by a light and crisp white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand!
Enjoy Delicious Sweet and Salty Breakfast Treats with Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Bourbon Caramel SauceThe Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Bourbon Caramel Sauce is the perfect way to start your day. With two thick slices of maple-glazed bacon, a gooey egg cooked to perfection, and two halves of a glazed doughnut all sandwiched together with a bourbon caramel sauce, this decadent breakfast sandwich is an indulgent way to kick off your day.
Why People Enjoy the Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg SandwichPeople enjoy this Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich for its delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors. The richness of the bacon and egg pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the doughnut and the caramel sauce, while the light and crisp white wine enhances all the flavors. With a delightful contrast of textures, this meal is sure to hit the spot and start any day off right.
Ways to Make the Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich Gluten-FreeFor those who need to avoid gluten, there are several ways to adjust the Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich. One option is to substitute a gluten-free doughnut in place of the glazed doughnut, such as those made from almond or coconut flour. You can also use gluten-free bacon strips, which are becoming more common and easier to find in stores. Additionally, you can use a gluten-free white wine for the meal.
Making the Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich Vegan-FriendlyIt is also possible to veganize this Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich while still enjoying the unique combination of flavors. For the egg, you can use a vegan scrambled egg option such as cubed tofu or soy-based scramble. To replace the bacon, uses strips of vegan bacon or seitan. Lastly, you can use a vegan version of the bourbon caramel sauce, made with vegan butter and a vegan friendly whiskey. By making simple adjustments to the Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Bourbon Caramel Sauce, it is possible to make it accessible to a variety of dietary lifestyles. Whether you’re vegan, gluten-free, or simply looking to indulge, this succulent breakfast sandwich is sure to please and start your day off right.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Mouthwatering Grilled Chicken Bacon Sandwich or this delicious Fried Monte Cristo Sandwich with Apple Jam. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!
If you are left with some questions, there are so many other information archives out there!
I am a big fan of: Martha Stewart and Taste of Home. Check them out too!