This roasted tomato soup is the epitome of comforting and tasty food. It’s the perfect meal for a cold and rainy day when all you want is something hearty and delicious. The fresh tomatoes are roasted to perfection and the flavor of the garlic is well balanced with the chicken broth. Paired with a Pinot Noir, it’s one of the most comforting meals you could ever make. Enjoy this flavor-filled masterpiece!
Hearty Roasted Tomato Soup!
– 8 medium tomatoes
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 medium yellow onion, diced
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, lengthwise, and place onto the lined baking sheet.
3. Peel and dice the garlic, then sprinkle onto the tomatoes.
4. Drizzle the tomatoes and garlic with olive oil, and season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. While the tomatoes are roasting, heat a large pot over medium heat. Place the diced onion and cook until lightly caramelized.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven and add them to the pot with the caramelized onions.
8. Pour the chicken broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Once the soup is done cooking, using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
11. Serve the warm soup with crusty bread for a delicious meal!
Pair this delicious tomato soup with a glass of Pinot Noir for the perfect meal.
Hearty Roasted Tomato Soup – A Comforting and Delicious Meal
This roasted tomato soup is the epitome of comfort and tasty food. It’s the perfect meal for a cold and rainy day when all you want something hearty and delicious. The fresh tomatoes are roasted to perfection and the flavor of the garlic is well balanced with the supporting chicken broth. Paired with a Pinot Noir, it’s one of the most comforting meals you could enjoy.
Why People Love it
The nice thing about tomato soup is that it is always both savory and satisfying. This version even more so than most with its roasted garlic flavor, full-bodied tomato underpinning, and quality unsalted chicken broth. Real tomatoes make a soup especially appealing and just about everyone love the flavor of roasted garlic so the pairing of the two is irresistible to most.
Making It Gluten-Free
It is easy to modify the recipe to be gluten-free if need be. Generally, a gluten-free chicken broth replaces the regular one, and people make sure the seasonings are all gluten-free as well. You may also opt for a gluten-free starch, like cornstarch, to thicken the soup.
Making It Vegan
The same adjustments can be made to make this a vegan version of the soup. A vegetable broth replaces the chicken broth and vegan margarine, or another vegan-friendly oil, is used in place of the butter. As with the gluten-free version, you may opt for a vegan-friendly starch, such as cornstarch, to thicken the soup.
Hearty Roasted Tomato Soup is a true flavor-filled masterpiece that has been given a flavorful spin for maximum comfort and deliciousness. It’s easy to adjust the soup to make it gluten-free or vegan. No matter which version you chose, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser that often delivers on those chilly, gray days.