Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro is a delicious and nourishing bowl of goodness. Featuring fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, cumin, paprika and a hint of jalapeno pepper, this vegan soup is both flavorful and wholesome. Red onion and cilantro make a great garnish and the perfect beer or wine pairing make it complete. A bowl of this soup will really spice up your mealtime!
Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro!
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon chili powder
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
• 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Optional garnish: red onion and cilantro
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add red pepper and jalapeno pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder and stir to combine.
5. Add broth, tomatoes with their juices, beans, and lime juice.
6. Increase heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
9. Ladle soup into four bowls and garnish each with red onion and cilantro, if desired.
Pair with a bold IPA beer or a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.
Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro
Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro is a flavorful and nutrient-dense soup. This mouthwatering vegan dish is prepared with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, cumin, paprika and a pinch of jalapeno pepper for a perfect balance of flavors. To top it off, red onions and cilantro make for a great garnish. Add a flavorful beer or wine to make this soup truly delectable.
Why People Love This Spicy Soup
This Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro offers a variety of flavors that is why people love it. Whether you add a bit more jalapeno pepper or opt for a less spicy recipe, this soup is sure to leave you wanting more with every spoonful. It also takes minimal time to make and can make a great main course or side dish. People also like that they can use this easy recipe to get creative.
Making The Soup Gluten-Free
For those who need to be mindful of their gluten intake, Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro can easily be adjusted to be gluten-free. Make sure to check ingredient labels for the stock, broth, and seasoning if using store-bought items to make sure they are gluten-free. To get creative, try using different herbs or spices for a new flavor.
Vegan Variations Of The Recipe
Throughout the soup making process, there are a few easy switches that can be made to make the recipe vegan-friendly. To do this, opt for a vegetable or mushroom-based broth and skip the cheese garnish. To make the dish even more nourishing, add chunks of soft tofu with the rest of the ingredients. For more flavor and texture, add chickpeas, dark leafy greens, squash, or sweet potatoes and explore different combinations of spices and herbs to turn the recipe into something truly unique.
Fiery Black Bean Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro is a wholesome and spice-filled soup that is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you stay true to the recipe as written or make a few adjustments, this vegan and gluten-free soup is a delicious and nourishing recipe that won’t take too much time to prepare. With this recipe, you can enjoy a bowlful of flavor without the guilt.