Try this delicious Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich recipe for an unforgettable flavorful experience! The combination of the smoky, sweet burnt ends with the creamy American cheese and zesty pickled jalapeños is mouthwatering. The toasted Kaiser roll adds a wonderful crunch to the sandwich that takes it to the next level. And don’t forget to pair it with a cold bottle of Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale for the perfect pairing. Get ready to enjoy a taste of Kansas City with this amazing sandwich recipe!
Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich Recipe!
– 1/3 pound beef brisket burnt ends, chopped
– 1 Kaiser roll or other sturdy roll
– 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
– 2 slices American cheese
– 1 tablespoon butter
– Pickled jalapeño slices (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the Kaiser roll in half and spread butter on the cut sides. Toast the roll halves in the oven until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, heat the chopped burnt ends and BBQ sauce in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat is heated through and the sauce is bubbly.
4. Place a slice of American cheese on each half of the toasted roll. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Spoon the burnt ends and BBQ sauce onto the bottom half of the roll. Add a few pickled jalapeño slices on top, if desired.
6. Top with the other half of the roll and serve hot!
Pair this delicious sandwich with a cold bottle of Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale for the perfect combination of flavors.
Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich Recipe: A Tasty Take on a Classic
The Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich is a classic dish that is sure to please any BBQ lover. Brisket burnt ends are simmered in a flavorful barbecue sauce and served between two slices of toasted bread with cheese, butter, and optionally jalapeño pickles. This hearty sandwich is a delicious and satisfying meal that will delight even the pickiest eater.
Why People Love the Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich
The Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich is popular because it has all the flavors of classic BBQ in a convenient and portable package. The hearty sandwich is both flavorful and filling, making it an ideal lunch or dinner option. The melted cheese, BBQ sauce, and jalapeño peppers add a kick of flavor that will make even the most die-hard BBQ fan happy.
Going Gluten-Free? No Problem!
For those who need to follow a gluten-free diet, it’s easy to make a delicious Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich. Simply substitute a gluten-free roll for the Kaiser roll, and use gluten-free BBQ sauce in place of regular BBQ sauce. You’ll have a delicious sandwich without any of the gluten!
Vegan Options for a Delicious Sandwich
Making a vegan version of the Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich is also easy. Simply use vegan beef brisket instead of regular beef brisket, a vegan roll in place of the Kaiser roll, vegan butter in place of regular butter, and vegan BBQ sauce in place of regular BBQ sauce. You’ll have a flavorful sandwich that’s both vegan and delicious!
The Kansas City Burnt End Sandwich is a classic dish that’s sure to please BBQ lovers. It’s easy to make gluten-free and vegan versions of the sandwich, which makes it a great meal for any diet. So for your next BBQ gathering, try making this delicious sandwich and bring a little taste of Kansas City to your table.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Grilled Tomato, Chèvre & Thyme Baguette Sandwich or this delicious Chacarero Sandwich with Chimichurri Sauce. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!