This Fireside Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich is the perfect twist on a classic! Featuring shredded chicken, tomatoes, bacon, mayonnaise & veggies atop two slices of toasty sourdough – every bite is flavorful and full of texture. The slight tangy flavor of the mayonnaise mixture pairs perfectly with the juicy tomatoes and crispy bacon. The best way to enjoy this delicious dish is with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio!
Fireside Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich!
– 2 thick slices of sourdough bread
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– ½ tablespoon of garlic
– 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
– 2 tablespoons of diced celery
– 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
– 2 slices of tomato
– 4 slices of bacon
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a skillet or outdoor grill to medium heat.
2. Season the chicken breasts with garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the chicken onto the preheated surface and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, red onion, celery, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Set aside.
5. Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before shredding or cubing it.
6. Preheat a skillet to medium heat, and cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside.
7. On one slice of sourdough, layer the tomato slices and bacon, followed by a layer of chicken, and topped with the mayonnaise mixture.
8. Top with the remaining slice of sourdough and press down gently.
9. Place the sandwich onto the preheated skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
10. Serve warm with a side of chips or a salad.
Pairing Suggestion: Pinot Grigio
Fire-Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich
This Fireside Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich is the perfect twist on a classic. Perfectly toasted sourdough slices with shredded chicken, tomatoes, bacon, and a zesty mayonnaise mixture, this sandwich takes all the old favorites and brings them together in one delicious delight. The resulting flavors are full of texture and a slight tangy sweetness, and tastes even better when paired with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio.
Why People Love It
For combination of flavors and textures, few sandwiches can compete with the classic Alabama White Chicken sandwich. The juicy tomatoes, crispy bacon, and the creamy mayonnaise complement each other perfectly, and the crunchy sourdough provides the perfect vessel and bite. To create the ultimate creative experience, fire-grilling the sandwich gives it an additional level of smoky, charred goodness for an unbeatable flavor.
Adjustments to Make It Gluten Free
To ensure everyone can enjoy this delicious sandwich, making adjustments to keep it gluten-free is simple. All that is needed is to switch the standard sourdough slices for gluten-free alternatives. A wide array of options exist to allow those with gluten sensitivities to enjoy the same great flavors without the worry of any side-effects.
Adjustments to Make It Vegan
Making a vegan version of the traditional creamy chicken sandwich is also simple! To veganize the Fireside Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich, all you’ll need to do is swap the chicken and bacon for plant-based vegan alternatives. Vegan mayonnaise can also be used to keep it vegan. By simply making these few swaps, this tasty treat can still be enjoyed by all!
The Fireside Grilled Alabama White Chicken Sandwich is a classic favorite with a delicious twist that brings out the best flavors in this beloved comfort food. Even those with dietary needs can enjoy this dish thanks to simple adjustments to make it gluten-free or vegan. As an added bonus, the smoky charred flavor of having it grilled turns it into a must-try that you’ll be sure to love.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Grilled Buttermilk Fried Chicken Bacon and Honey Sandwich on Toasted Ciabatta or this delicious Sweet & Salty Candied Maple Bacon & Egg Sandwich with Bourbon Caramel Sauce. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!