This recipe for Tiramisu with Homemade Ladyfingers is the perfect combination of light and airy finger sponge, with a creamy and decadent mascarpone filling, all complemented and sweetened with cocoa powder and espresso. The homemade ladyfingers give a unique twist to the classic Italian dessert, and it is best enjoyed with a glass of sparkling wine. Delicious and indulgent, this tiramisu recipe is sure to hit the spot!
Tiramisu with Homemade Ladyfingers!
– 8 eggs, separated
– 140 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
– 350 g (1 3/4 cup) plain flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 242 ml (1 cup) cold water
– 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 400 g (14 ounces) mascarpone
– 242 ml (1 cup) strong brewed espresso or 2 shots of espresso
– 3-4 tablespoons of brandy (optional)
– 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 185°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
2. To make the ladyfingers, beat egg whites into stiff peaks, followed by adding in the caster sugar in three batches. Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Combine the egg whites, caster sugar, and egg yolks in one bowl, whisking until light and airy. Slowly fold in the plain flour and baking powder, followed by the cold water and vanilla extract until it forms a smooth batter.
4. Take two greased and floured baking sheets, piping the batter into three equal size 6cm (2.5 inch) diameter lines onto each sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and crispy. Once baked, allow to cool on the baking sheets.
5. To make the filling, mix the mascarpone and espresso in a medium bowl until well combined. Add in the brandy (if desired) and powdered sugar until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
– Sparkling wine
Tiramisu with Homemade Ladyfingers: A Delicious Delight
Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that has delighted sweet-toothed individuals around the world. Many recipes exist, but adding homemade ladyfingers to the traditional combination of espresso, mascarpone, and cocoa powder takes it to a whole other level. This delightful and indulgent treat is light and airy, with creamy and decadent layers, and goes great with a glass of sparkling wine.
Why People Love This Recipe
Tiramisu with Homemade Ladyfingers is a widely popular dessert. The light and airy counterpoint of the sponge-like ladyfingers, complemented by the creaminess and sweetened with espresso and cocoa powder, make for a divine combination that pleases the palate. There is something so satisfying in the contrasting textures, and it is the perfect sweet treat to have with a nice glass of bubbly.
Making The Recipe Gluten-Free
The traditional Tiramisu recipe contains ladyfingers which are made with flour, which makes them not suitable for those with gluten intolerance. People who wish to make it gluten-free can substitute the ladyfingers with almond flour. Almond flour is made from finely ground almonds and substitutes the wheat-flour in the recipe. It will take some time to perfect, but the results can taste even better than the original. It is best to start with a recipe that has been tested and trusted before trying something new.
Making The Recipe Vegan
Cheese is a key ingredient in most Tiramisu recipes, however, the mascarpone cheese can be substituted with coconut cream to make the recipe vegan-friendly. Combining the coconut cream with sugar makes a delicious and creamy substitute, which adds the same unique flavors to the tiramisu as mascarpone. Making this switch also means that the dish must be refrigerated for at least four hours before enjoying it.
The Perfect Sweet Treat
Tiramisu with Homemade Ladyfingers is a delightful dessert that can be enjoyed with friends and family for any occasion. With a few substitutions, this recipe can also be made vegan or gluten-free, making it something that can be enjoyed by almost everyone. Sweet and indulgent, this tiramisu recipe with homemade ladyfingers is sure to hit the spot!