These delicious chewy pecan butter tarts are the perfect balance of sweet and nutty. The tart shells are buttery and the filling is gooey and nutty. Top with nutmeg for an added layer of warmth and flavor. Serve these up for a special occasion or for a simple, special treat. Enjoy with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio for the perfect pairing!
Chewy Pecan Butter Tart Recipe!
– 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoons of ice-cold butter (cubed)
– 1/4 cup of ice-cold water
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1/3 cup of maple syrup
– 1/3 cup of corn syrup
– 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
– 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
– 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut cold butter into the flour mixture, working it in until mixture resembles coarse grains.
3. Slowly add cold water to the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
5. Grease 10 regular-sized muffin cups and using a round cutter, cut circles of dough to fit in the cups.
6. In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar and butter over low heat until melted, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, stir in maple syrup, corn syrup, lemon juice and eggs.
8. Mix in vanilla and pecans.
9. Divide pecan mixture among cups, filling almost to the top.
10. Sprinkle each muffin cup with nutmeg.
11. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the filling is set and crust is golden.
12. Cool tarts in pans and then transfer to a rack to cool completely before serving.
Wine: Pinot Grigio would pair best with this recipe.
Chewy Pecan Butter Tarts: The Perfect Blend of Sweet and Nutty
Chewy pecan butter tarts are the perfect indulgence for sweet tooths everywhere! With a balance of sweet, buttery tart shells, and a gooey, nutty filling, these treats hit the spot for any special occasion. Topping it off with a pinch of nutmeg creates a warm and fragrant finish that really makes these tarts stand out. Enjoy them with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio for the ultimate delicacy.
Why People Love Chewy Pecan Butter Tarts
These chewy pecan butter tarts are the ideal combination of sweet and savory, while the addition of nutmeg and the contrasting texture of the pecans adds an exciting depth of flavor. These little treats are easy to make and a definite crowd-pleaser – nobody can resist their alluring smell and exquisite taste. With recipes this good, it’s no wonder that these tarts are so popular.
Making Chewy Pecan Butter Tarts Gluten-Free
A gluten-free diet is a lifestyle choice that many people follow, and adhering to it doesn’t mean these individuals miss out on treats. Making chewy pecan butter tarts gluten-free is easy and straightforward; simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour mix, and you’re set. Alternatively, many recipes call for almond flour and, if the desired outcome is more of a pastry than a tart, there are recipes that use shortcrust pastry made with gluten-free flour.
Making Chewy Pecan Butter Tarts Vegan
Making chewy pecan butter tarts vegan is also an easy adjustment. Instead of using butter for the tart shells, you can use vegan butter or coconut oil instead. On top of that, the same gluten-free flour alternatives mentioned above can be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour. As for the filling, the secret is finding an egg-substitute that will bind all the ingredients together. You can use aquafaba, flax eggs, or a vegan egg replacement product.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts or this delicious Fire-Roasted Peach Tart with Candied Pecans and Bourbon Honey Mascarpone Cream. You can also check out the full Dessert Archive!