This homemade Sloppy Joe on a kaiser bun is full of flavor and sure to please a crowd. With freshly cooked and seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion, this recipe packs a punch of flavor! The sweet and tangy ketchup-based sauce binds all the wonderful ingredients together and adds a hint of spice. Serve on a toasted kaiser bun for a delicious, homemade version of this classic sandwich! Enjoy with a light pale ale for a truly tasty meal!
Outrageous Cowboy Homemade Sloppy Joe!
– 1 lb Ground Beef
– 6 Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
– 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
– 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
– 1/2 Cup Ketchup
– 1/4 Cup Mayo
– 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
– 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
– 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
– 1/4 tsp Salt
– 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
– 1/4 tsp Paprika
– 1 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1 Kaiser Bun
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
2. Remove the cooked beef from the skillet and set aside in a bowl.
3. In the same skillet (no need to clean it), lower heat to medium and add in the tomatoes, red onion and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until just softened and tomato skins are starting to break, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the ground beef back in the skillet and combine it with the vegetables.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, mayonnaise, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
6. Pour the sauce over the ground beef and vegetables and mix to combine. Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally until the sloppy joe is warmed through and slightly thickened.
7. Toast the Kaiser bun and top it with your homemade Sloppy Joe.
Pairing Suggestion: Serve with a light pale ale like an American Wheat Beer.
A Tasty, Flavorful Homemade Cowboy Sloppy Joe
This delicious, homemade Cowboy Sloppy Joe is sure to please a crowd. It’s made with freshly cooked ground beef, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion, that are all bound together with a sweet and tangy ketchup-based sauce and a hint of spice. Served on a toasted kaiser bun, it’s the perfect meal to have with a light pale ale.
Why People Love This Recipe
Many people turn to this Cowboy Sloppy Joe recipe for its incredible flavor. The vibrant mix of ingredients creates a burst of taste in every bite. The sweet and tangy ketchup-based sauce adds just the right amount of kick and binds all the wonderful ingredients together. It’s a classic way to enjoy a Sloppy Joe sandwich, perfect for a backyard cookout or a family gathering.
Making This Recipe Gluten Free
This Cowboy Sloppy Joe recipe is easily made to be gluten-free. Instead of using a regular kaiser bun, use a gluten-free bun, and use a gluten-free variety of ketchup. Check the labels of any additional ingredients to make sure they are labeled as gluten-free. This makes it a easy to enjoy this delicious recipe without worrying about gluten.
Making This Recipe Vegan
This Cowboy Sloppy Joe recipe can also be vegan-friendly. Instead of using ground beef, opt for a vegan ground beef replacement such as crumbled tempeh, black beans, or vegan ground meat. Make sure to also use a vegan variety of ketchup, as well as any other ingredients you may use. This is a great way to enjoy this delicious sandwich without the use of animal products.
Enjoy This Delicious, Homemade Cowboy Sloppy Joe
This homemade recipe for Cowboy Sloppy Joe is full of flavor and sure to please a crowd. With its wonderful mix of ingredients, the sweet and tangy sauce, and the option to make it either gluten-free or vegan-friendly, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Serve it on a toasted kaiser bun with a light pale ale for a truly tasty meal. Enjoy!
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Title: Juicy Prime Burger with an Eggy Surprise or this delicious Grilled Southern-Style South Carolina BBQ Sandwiches. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!