An delicious, melt-in-your-mouth gourmet sandwich awaits with this Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich! An airy ciabatta bun holds in a juicy slice of grilled pork belly and layers it with a bright and citrusy slaw. Top with melting cheese and a sprinkling of tangy cilantro. Then, pop into the oven for a few minutes to let all the flavors meld together in this sublime sandwich. Paired with an amazing Sauvignon Blanc, you’ll be in flavor heaven!
Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich!
– 6 ounces of boneless pork belly
– Salt and pepper
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– ¼ cup of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of oregano
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice
– 1 tablespoon of cilantro, plus more for garnish
– 1/3 cup of cabbage, shredded
– 2 tablespoons of orange juice
– 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella, sliced
– 2 ciabatta buns
– Preheat oven to 350°F and place a baking sheet in oven to preheat.
– Cut pork belly into two rectangles and select a dish and layer the pork on it so they touch but overlap.
– Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on top and spread with cumin, oregano, minced garlic, olive oil and lime juice.
– Place pork on preheated baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
– Add a few tablespoon of water in the dish before transferring the dish and pork to the oven.
– To make the slaw, mix cabbage and orange juice in a bowl and set aside.
– When pork is finished cooking, place pork on cutting board and slice into thinner strips.
– Slice 1 ciabatta bun in half and toast inside of pan until lightly golden.
– Spread slices of mozzarella onto the bun.
– Place pork strips onto the toasted buns and top with cabbage slaw.
– Drizzle with cilantro and a sprinkle of salt.
– Place last ciabatta bun on top, turn over onto baking sheet, and cook in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
– Slice in half and enjoy with an ripe and citrusy Sauvignon Blanc!
Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich
A Delicious and Unique Sandwich Choice
This Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich is a delicious and unique sandwich choice that will give your taste buds something exciting to look forward to. It starts with a juicy slice of pork belly, which is an excellent source of protein, then gets topped with a bright, citrusy slaw and a melty layer of cheese. To top it off, it’s all sprinkled with cilantro, giving it an extra punch of flavor. And, when you pop it in the oven for a few minutes to let those flavors mingle, this sublime sandwich will be complete!
Why People Love it
The Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich is loved for its unique flavor combination, its filling nature, and its overall extravagance. Just the description alone is mouthwatering and can make someone salivate when imagining how it would taste. The combination of pork belly and citrusy slaw is simply delicious and the addition of melted cheese and cilantro give it a wonderful depth of flavor that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of diners.
Making it Gluten Free
If you are trying to make this sandwich gluten-free, it’s very simple to do. All you need to do is substitute the traditional ciabatta bun with a gluten-free, flatbread option. With the abundance of gluten-free bread options available today, you can easily make this delectable sandwich gluten-free.
Making it Vegan
The Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich can also be made vegan with only a few quick adjustments. The biggest change will be to the pork belly, but it can be easily swapped out for a vegan-friendly protein alternative, such as tempeh or seitan. Additionally, vegan cheese easily replaces the traditional cheese to make this sandwich completely vegan. And with the GF bread, this vegan version of this sandwich would be a delicious option for your next meal.
Best Paired with
When serving up this Grilled Citrus Cilantro Pork Belly Sandwich, many choose to pair it with a Sauvignon Blanc. With the combination of the aromatic white wine and the complex flavors of the sandwich, your taste buds will really be in flavor heaven after one bite of this gourmet sandwich. Furthermore, the wine adds a layer of sophistication that no other drink could ever match. Overall, this classic combination has a distinctive flavor that is sure to make this sandwich a favorite amongst many.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Grilled Bacon & Caramelized Onion Meatloaf Sandwich or this delicious Grilled BBQ Short Rib Sandwich with Spicy Slaw and Horseradish Mayo. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!