This family-style Bolognese Ragù with Fresh Homemade Pasta is sure to be a hit! Kicking off with ground beef and Italian sausage, it’s enhanced by the addition of onion, garlic, pancetta, invigorating herbs and spices, and a hint of sweet tomato paste and sauce. Enjoy with a glass of Chianti Classico and plenty of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy your delicious Bolognese Ragù!
Easy Family Style Bolognese Ragù with Fresh Homemade Pasta!
– 8 ounces ground beef
– 4 ounces Italian sausage
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– 1 large onion, minced
– 2 ounces pancetta, diced
– 1 clove garlic, pressed
– 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
– 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 3/4 cup dry white wine
– 1 15-oz can tomato puree
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
-1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
-1 lb Fresh Pasta Dough
Instructions for Fresh Pasta Dough:
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and eggs until a soft, sticky dough is formed.
– Knead the dough on a lightly floured board, pushing it away from you every so often, for approximately 5 minutes, until it’s formed a tacky consistency.
– Wrap the dough in a cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
– On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pasta dough to about 0.4 inch thickness, or thinner if desired.
– Cut the pasta into 0.4 inch strips or desired shape.
Instructions for Bolognese Ragù:
– Heat butter and extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
– Add the ground beef and sausage and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
– Saute until the meat is well browned.
– Add the pancetta, onion and garlic and sauté for an additional 4 minutes.
– Add the herbs and spices and mix together.
– Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
– Pour in the white wine and simmer for 3 minutes.
– Add the tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
– Add cooked fresh pasta to the sauce, coat and let simmer for another 1 – 2 minutes.
Pair with a Chianti Classico for the perfect Italian meal!
The Delicious Taste of Easy Family Style Bolognese Ragù
The Italian dish, Bolognese Ragù, is an all-time favorite for many people. This Family Style Bolognese Ragù with Fresh Homemade Pasta has become a family favorite, taking the classic Italian favorite to a new level.
Easy and Delicious Ingredients
The ingredients for this Bolognese Ragù are simple and irresistible. Ground beef and Italian sausage, combined with onion, garlic, pancetta, herbs and spices, and the finishing touch of sweet tomato paste and sauce all come together to create a deliciously unique flavor.
Perfectly Accompanied with a Glass of Chianti Classico
A glass of Chianti Classico is the perfect accompaniment to this Bolognese Ragù. Further enhanced with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and other favorite ingredients, you are sure to love this family favorite.
Why People Love This Delicious Dish
People love the unique flavor combination of this Bolognese Ragù. It’s a great way to enjoy classic Italian cuisine, with a twist derived from the combination of classic ingredients and the flavorful spices. This Bolognese Ragù also works well to complement a variety of pasta, giving you plenty of options for serving it.
Making Bolognese Ragù Gluten Free
It is easy to make Bolognese Ragu gluten-free to accommodate those with dietary restrictions. In this recipe, simply substitute gluten-free pasta for the traditional pasta and omit the pancetta. Additionally, be sure to read the labels on any canned items to make sure they are gluten-free.
Making Bolognese Ragù Vegan
It’s also very easy to make this Bolognese Ragù vegan! Simply use plant-based proteins such as crumbled tempeh, vegan sausage, or vegan ground beef in place of the ground beef and Italian sausage. Use vegetable broth in place of chicken broth, vegan Parmesan cheese, and choose vegan options for the canned tomato paste and sauce.
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this Delicious Roasted Chicken Fettucine Alfredo or this delicious Creamy Ricotta Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce & Basil. You can also check out the full Pasta Archive!