This sophisticated blackberry thyme sparkler has fragrant flavors of thyme and blackberries. Fresh muddled blackberries and thyme simple syrup give the cocktail a sweetness that is perfectly balanced with the acidity from the freshly squeezed lime and gin. Finished with 4 ounces of chilled Champagne, it is sure to satisfy even the most refined tastes!
Blackberry Thyme Sparkler!
– 4 blackberries
– 2 ounces of thyme simple syrup (see instructions below)
– 2 ounces of gin
– 1 ounce of lime juice
– 4 ounces of chilled Champagne and
– Thyme sprigs for garnish
1. Make simple syrup by adding 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water and 3 sprigs of thyme in a saucepan. Boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool.
2. Muddle 2 blackberries and 2 ounces of thyme syrup in a cocktail shaker.
3. Add 2 ounces of gin and 1 ounce of fresh lime juice along with some ice.
4. Shake ingredients together.
5. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
6. Top with 4 ounces of chilled Champagne.
7. Garnish with remaining 2 blackberries and a sprig of thyme.
Why People Love Blackberry Thyme Sparkler
This divine Blackberry Thyme Sparkler is sure to tantalize the taste buds of even the most refined palates and is quickly becoming a favorite among cocktail connoisseurs. The combination of muddled blackberries and thyme simple syrup give the cocktail a sweet complexity that is perfectly balanced with the acidic properties of freshly squeezed lime juice and gin. The finishing splash of 4 ounces of chilled Champagne provides a fizzy, bubbly endnote that lingers in the mouth.
The Power of Blackberries and Thyme
The main stars of the show here are the blackberries and thyme. Blackberries are packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals, making the cocktail a healthful treat. Additionally, the fragrant herbs of the thyme simple syrup further add a unique herbal essence that is sure to delight. Not to mention, the refreshing combination of blackberries and thyme provide a fun twist on a classic gin and Champagne combo.
Given the sophisticated flavors of the Blackberry Thyme Sparkler, it is a beloved favorite amongst non-alcohol drinkers as well. The gin and Champagne may be easily replaced with nonalcoholic alternatives such as club soda, tonic water, or sparkling apple cider. The muddled blackberries and thyme simple syrup are an essential component in the drink and should remain unchanged, thus the essential sweet and tart notes will remain.
No matter how one adjusts the Blackberry Thyme Sparkler, the flavors remain delicate, balanced, and amazing. Perfect for a summer soiree, a backyard cookout, or just a weeknight treat, the Blackberry Thyme Sparkler is sure to quickly become a favorite for you, your friends, and family!