Are you ready to tantalize your taste buds with an exotic Thai dish? Try this delicious Phanaeng Curry Recipe! It’s a savory blend of aromatic curry paste, coconut milk, and chicken, served over jasmine rice with a flavorful tamarind sauce, roasted peanuts, and cilantro. Every bite is sure to tantalize your senses and leave you wanting more! So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Phanaeng Curry Recipe!
– ¼ cup jasmine rice
– 1 cup water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 shallot, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 tablespoon phanaeng curry paste
– ½ cup coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon palm sugar
– 4 oz. chicken breast, thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– ½ cup green beans, trimmed
– 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, crushed
– 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
– 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
– ½ cup water
– 1 tablespoon palm sugar
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce
– 1 bird’s eye chili, chopped
1. Rinse rice in a sieve until water runs clear. In a pot with a tight-fitting lid, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
2. In a wok or a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute.
4. Stir in coconut milk, palm sugar, fish sauce, and chicken. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add green beans and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
6. To make the sauce, mix tamarind pulp and water together in a bowl, stirring until water turns brown. Strain the liquid into a clean pan and add palm sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
7. Add fish sauce and chili. Stir until well combined.
8. Serve curry over jasmine rice, topped with sauce, peanuts, and cilantro. Enjoy with a cold glass of Thai iced tea for a refreshing finish!
A Flavorful Phanaeng Curry Recipe
Phanaeng Curry is an incredibly flavorful and savory dish that’s popular in Thailand. This easy one-pot curry is packed with aromatic spices and tender chicken, and it’s sure to be a hit in any kitchen. This recipe is simple and straightforward, and requires just a few ingredients that are easy to find. The combination of sweet coconut milk, fragrant shallot, and pungent fish sauce make this dish irresistible. With its vibrant colors, creamy texture, and robust flavors, you won’t be able to resist this delicious dish.
Making the Recipe Gluten-Free
For those on a gluten-free diet, fear not! Phanaeng Curry is naturally gluten-free, as long as the ingredients used are also gluten-free. The only ingredient that might contain gluten is the curry paste, so double check the label of the curry paste you’re using to make sure it doesn’t contain any gluten. Additionally, if you’d prefer to use tamari instead of fish sauce, that’s another great gluten-free alternative.
Making the Recipe Vegan
Making Phanaeng Curry vegan is easy as well. Simply replace the chicken with tofu and the fish sauce with vegan fish sauce. The vegan fish sauce is usually made from soybeans, so it will still have the same salty flavor as regular fish sauce. Additionally, you can replace the dairy coconut milk in the recipe with vegan alternatives, such as almond or oat milk.
The Perfect Dish for Any Occasion
Whether you’re entertaining guests or just making a quick dinner for yourself, this Phanaeng Curry recipe is a winner. It takes just minutes to prepare, and the flavors are sure to please any palate. This versatile curry is great served over rice, noodles, or even quinoa. Add some veggie side dishes to round out the meal, and you’ll have a complete and nutritious dinner in no time.
If you like this recipe, check out this Melt-in-Your-Mouth Prosciutto and Gruyere Sandwich or this delicious Classic Choripán Recipe!.
If you are left with some questions, there are so many other information archives out there!
I am a big fan of: Cooks Illustrated and Martha Stewart. Check them out too!