This slow cooked pork torta sandwich is a tasty treat that will have your taste buds singing! Start off by marinating some red onions in vinegar, water, sugar, and salt for a pickled flavor. For a creamy texture, make refried beans with cooked pinto beans, vegetable oil, diced onion, minced garlic, and water. Spice things up with a zesty mayo made of mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt. Layer the slow cooked pork, refried beans, pickled red onions, and avocado slices on a bolillo roll. This is a perfect sandwich for any time of day that will leave your mouth watering! Try it today and you won’t be disappointed!
Slow Cooked Pork Torta Sandwich Recipe!
– 1 bolillo roll
– 1/4 lb slow cooked pork (shredded)
– 2 slices of avocado
– 1/4 cup pickled red onions (see recipe below)
– 1/4 cup refried beans (see recipe below)
– 1/4 cup spicy mayo (see recipe below)
Pickled Red Onions:
– 1/4 red onion (sliced thinly)
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup pinto beans (cooked and drained)
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1/2 small white onion (diced)
– 1 garlic clove (minced)
– 1/4 cup water
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1 tbsp hot sauce
– 1/2 lime (juiced)
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– Salt to taste
1. To prepare the pickled red onions, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Add the sliced red onions and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. To make the refried beans, heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the cooked pinto beans and water, and then mash everything together. Cook for 5 minutes and season with salt to taste.
3. For the spicy mayo, mix the mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt together in a bowl until well combined.
4. To assemble the sandwich, slice the bolillo roll in half lengthwise and spread the refried beans on one side. On
Maple Bacon BLT Sandwich Recipe: A Deliciously Indulgent Treat!
Forget the boring deli sandwiches, the Maple Bacon BLT sandwich is here to make lunchtime infinitely more delicious! This sandwich is a combination of classic deli flavors, with the added sweetness of maple and the crunch of bacon. Its the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and crunchy, making it the perfect indulgent treat!
Why People Love the Maple Bacon BLT Sandwich
The Maple Bacon BLT Sandwich is the perfect combination of classic deli ingredients and unique flavors. The traditional combination of bacon, lettuce, and tomato is elevated with the addition of two special sauces: a maple mayonnaise and a garlic aioli. The sweetness from the maple and the punch from the garlic make this sandwich truly stand out. Plus, this sandwich can be prepared in minutes, making it a great option for a quick and delicious lunch.
Making the Maple Bacon BLT Gluten Free
The Maple Bacon BLT sandwich can easily be made gluten free! To do this, simply replace the sourdough bread with a gluten free alternative. When selecting the bread, look for a variety that is specifically labeled as “gluten free” to be sure it is safe for those with a gluten intolerance.
Creating a Vegan Maple Bacon BLT
For those looking for a vegan version of the Maple Bacon BLT, there are a few easy switches that can be made. First, replace the bacon with a vegan alternative, such as tempeh or tofu. Then, replace the maple mayonnaise and the garlic aioli with vegan versions. All that’s left to do is to assemble and enjoy!
The Maple Bacon BLT sandwich is a delicious and indulgent way to satisfy all your cravings in one bite. It’s a classic combination of ingredients with the added sweetness of maple and the zing of garlic. Plus, it can easily be made gluten free or vegan, making it accessible to all. So why not try making a Maple Bacon BLT next time you’re looking for a unique and flavorful meal?
If you like this sandwich recipe, check out this “Spicy Fried Fish Sandwich with Creamy Sweet Dill Sauce and Pickles” or this delicious Grilled Crispy Pork Schnitzel Sandwich. You can also check out the full Sandwich Archive!